It hasn't been a week yet, so I'm not too late. In case you hadn't heard, Peyton Coy is here! We couldn't be happier. If you read previous posts, you know we went to see the peri-natologist and they decided she was indeed not getting nutrition, so they induced me on Monday. If you want all the delivery details you can call me, but I'll just write that it was probably the best labor and delivery in the history of the world. The whole affair was 6 hours and 15 minutes, from the minute we checked in to the hospital to the minute she was born. My epidural worked like a charm, I didn't feel a thing. In fact, the worst pain I was in the entire time was when the new nurse (not Debbi or Jessica) tried unsuccessfully 3 times to put in my IV. I still have the bruise to show for it. I pushed 3 times a contraction for 10 seconds each push, and I pushed through 8 contractions total. She weighed 6 pounds (they thought she was only going to be 5 pounds 2 ounces), and was 19 inches long. She has gorgeous, big blue eyes and a ton of light brown hair, but the blondest eyebrows and eyelashes ever, which leads us to believe that her hair will lighten up to match (at least we hope she has matching hair and eyebrows). We stayed in the hospital the full 48 hours that our insurance covered, and we had the best nurses ever (Jessica and Debbi). They made the whole thing so easy and they took such amazing care of me. I really did not want to leave the hospital because they were so good to us! Dr. Judd, my OB/GYN whom I absolutely adore was out of town all week, so his partner, Dr. Gordon delivered me. He was great, but I do have to admit I would have loved Dr. Judd to be there. My mom and Cheyanne made it just in time for the delivery, we held off pushing until they got to the hospital, just in time! They've been here helping us, and let me tell you... my mom is an angel. I don't know what I'd do without her here. I really will have a nervous breakdown when she leaves. Tink loves her new baby sister, but Jade and I decided Tink is hoping she's just a visitor. She's been great with the baby though, and her favorite thing about having a baby sister is licking milk off her mouth. Everyone is healthy and happy. We're starting to get the hang of nursing, which nobody warned us would be this hard. Thank goodness I have the best cousin-in-law/personal nurse ever, who is just a phone call away. Jessica has been a life saver. Peyton has been great. She sleeps a ton and eats a ton and doesn't do a whole lot else. We love when she's awake because she does such cute things. She yawns, sneezes, coughs, makes a "stink face" when she's frustrated, sucks on her hands, makes kissy faces when she's hungry and rooting, curls up into a little ball when you lay her on your chest (she makes herself SO small), and when she startles, she throws her arms out and it looks like she's trying to give hugs. We realized she likes to suck, even when she's not hungry, so we gave her a binkie, and when she sleeps, she keeps her hand on it, palm down, fingers outstretched, like she's guarding it. Our favorite thing she does is sleep pretty well through the night. She usually only wakes up once or twice. She's absolutely perfect, and it's crazy to think how much we love her, even though shejust got here. I'm already feeling the post-partum blues, I cry when I think about her getting big. I'm just not ready for her to grow up, and I want her to stay this small forever. But, we're so grateful to have a happy and healthy baby. She is amazing and we're so in love.
Right after she was born
After they bathed her (I still look stoned)
Proud Daddy
Proud momma
Her first outfit
Going home from the hospital
Peanut
Snoozing
Tinker loves baby
14 comments:
Yay for Peyton! She is adorable...and very photogenic! haha. And you're right about the phone-call away thing...please call me when you need help. I'm off till thursday this week so just pick up the phone, Ashton! Great job on the fast labor, by the way...it was pretty much perfect.
SHE'S PERFECT! I love her and I can't wait to see her! I can't believe labor was so easy for you, lucky girl! I'm around when you need something, especially if it's just to hang out if Jade's gone or something. Congrats!!
Congratulations, you guys!
I'm amazed you already updated your blog after a short week and a brand new baby. I'm very impressed.
Payton is sooo cute and pretty and you both look very happy.
Love you
Sabine
She is so cute and already looks different from when we saw her in the hospital! We can't wait to get to know her better! Please let us know if you guys need any thing at all, especially when your mom leaves!! Also, we are dyin to see her, so when ever you're up for company just give us a call!! We love you guys! Hang in there, I here the beginning isn't always a breeze!
I have been wondering all week what her name is! I love it! And...
#1-How perfectly adorable is your baby?
#2-How skinny and beautiful do you look post delivery?!?!
#3-I want to see pics of Noni!
#4-And when Peyton wears her pink frilly "sandbox dress," I want a picture of that too!
Congrats and I love you!
Congratulaitons!! Im glad everything went soo smoothly for you =D ... You have a beautiful baby girl and family.. You look amazing yourself for just having a baby =D Congrats again. im soo happy for you!!
Congratulaitons!! Im glad everything went soo smoothly for you =D ... You have a beautiful baby girl and family.. You look amazing yourself for just having a baby =D Congrats again. im soo happy for you!!
She is so adorable!!! It looks like Tink likes to give her kisses, breaking her in early huh!
Congratulations! She is just beautiful. I am so glad the labor and delivery went well for you. I can't wait to meet her!
o my goodness! she is so cute! she has about as much hair as jake did when he was born. (thats a good thing, you'll love how nicely and evenly it fills in as the new hair starts to grow). I cant decide who she looks more like. mostly i wanna come see her in person. whenever you are ready for me to pop by i would love to! and i am a little bit envious of how skinny you look post delivery! and by a little envious i mean a whole lot of jealous. :) i'm so happy for your little family. good luck with nursing, i promise itll get easier!
Congrats! I am Jades cousin in Arizona and love that your family is getting bigger and so cute. Welcome to your cute little girl!
She is adorable. Congrats! Hang in there on the nursing it gets easier. Glad labor went good. She has some close cousins in age. Love every second because they do grow up fast. Hang in there when your mom and sis leave too, call me if you need me.
I am in tears. Congratulations. Savanna and I are looking at this post and she keeps asking me if we can come see you. I am so excited for you. She is beautiful. You are alredy so tiny. No one would even know you had a baby. We are so happy for you and Jade. Give little bitty a kiss for me and tell her I get to meet her in August.
Congratulations Ashton and Jade! Peyton is so adorable! I love all of the pictures and her little outfits! I'm so happy for you guys! We just found out we're having a girl too! Well, goodluck! You are going to be such an awesome mom and your daughter is so precious!
Post a Comment