It was a bittersweet day on Thursday. I put Peyton down for a nap, and was going about my activities, all the while listening in for her on my baby monitor. When I could hear noise, I turned the video on (our monitor has a video screen), and I gasped in horror, threw the monitor on the ground, and ran (literally) upstairs. Peyton had pulled herself up on the crib rail and was standing, looking over the edge. I don't know if she necessarily would have been able to fall over, since the railing was still at chest-level, but the incident was scary enough to motivate me to move her mattress down to the lower setting. My baby is growing up far too fast. Another cute (and less scary) crib incident happened a few days prior. I again went to get Peyton after her nap was over, and walked in to find the cutest sight: Peyton sitting up, playing with her binky, legs sticking straight out between the crib slats. and talking to herself. I laughed out loud when I saw it. It was so sweet. Also last week, Jade started his new job! He officially signed on with New York Life, selling life and health insurance. Today he even wrote his first policies- for his brothers Jeremy and Justin. I'm so happy that he's finally doing something he has wanted to do for years. Congratulations babe- I'm so proud of you for turning a goal into a reality! On Friday, Peyton said "ma-ma". I'm not even joking. She's been saying "ba-ba" for a few weeks now, but I don't count that as a real first word since she's not really using it as a noun (bottle), just kind of saying it because it's a fun new sound. Every time she would say "ba-ba", I would say "ma-ma", and do the sign (ASL), and point to me. So Friday I'm at the salon getting my hair done, and Peyton is playing in her stroller with some toys. She looked over at me and reached for me and said "ma-ma". I almost had a heart attack. I asked the hairdresser "Did she just say momma?" And the hairdresser said "She definitely just said momma". I was floored, and so happy. It has since only happened one time. Today she was playing in her playpen and she was sick of being alone and I walked into the room and she saw me and reached for me and said "ma-ma". It is a wonderful sound, even if it's only happened twice. I would normally write this off as a fluke, but I have now had a second opinion, and deduced it is definitely intentional. Peyton has spoken!
Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
4 days ago
12 comments:
your Peyton is one charming little lady! I loved this post...misted me up! We are proud of all of you and happy to be on the sidelines cheering!
you gave me a heart attack at the beginning, I thought something really bad happened. don't start posts like that! she's darling, no doubt. do you take videos of her?
way to go peyton!! i guess its a week for milestones all around huh? jake is walking, peyton says mama, hooray! that would be scary about peyton standing up like that. that goodness for your video monitor! after Jake hurled himself off the counter at 5 months, i was paranoid--so jake's crib has been low since he was 6 months old. and way to go jade on following his dreams! :)
way to go mama! you have raised one pretty precious little lady! have a great week! ♥
That's so exciting! Peyton has spoken...I love it! And good for Jade for starting his new job! That is so great. I'm going to need some health insurance after I have the baby and stop working...maybe I should give Jade a ring :). Glad things are going well for you guys!
I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE SAID MAMA!! That is so great. I guess she'll be jabbering before I know it! It's so fun to hear about the things that Peyton is doing because I know that I will have that to look forward to in just a few short months with Boyd. So much fun that they are so close in age. If only they could be so close in miles apart too!
Gah you scared me, i thought Peyton had a knife or something crazy like that, i'm glad she didn't fall:-) YAY for her first word, i am so proud of her!!!
Yay! That's so exciting that she said ma ma! and the story of her sitting up in her crib playing is adorable! Congrats to Jade on the job!
We love Pey Pey. WE love her so much that her cousin likes to french kiss her, sorry about that :) Great post. Have fun in Vegas!
It won't be long and she'll be pulling herself out of the crib. That's scary too. I remember when Clark did that around 12 months old. We had to buy him a toddler bed after that incident. Then he could get out of bed after we had put him to bed. We had to work on teaching him to stay in bed. It's so great to go through each stage of our childrens development. Some are easier to go through than others eh!
The word "Mama" definitely makes the heart melt! We need to get together and do some REAL scrapbooking sometime. I loved your True Love page. We also need Jade to hook us up with Life insurance. (Found your blog on Kristin's) :)
Post a Comment