That's one tall marble track!

Can you tell she's tantruming?

We've had some of our friends from college staying with us the past little while, and we've been having so much fun with them! Noah and Twink have an 8 month old daughter, Kirra, who has quickly become Peyton's sidekick. Twink and I have tried to squeeze in all the fun things Portland has to offer. We've gone to the downtown Saturday market on the waterfront, we went to the zoo twice, we went to OMSI, we have gone to a few of the best parks around, and we've done a little shopping downtown.
Exihibit A: Parallel Play

The first time we tried the zoo, we made the mistake of going on Two Dollar Tuesday. It was horrible. We should have taken it as an omen when the girl taking tickets said "Oh- you're members. You must not have realized what day it is." It really was that bad. We could barely move. So that didn't last very long. Twink and I decided we would come back on "Full-Price Friday" instead. The next time we went, it was a beautiful day outside, and probably 80% less crowded. We had a great time. The best part of the day was when we were looking at Inja, the chimpanzee. She was sitting in her tree when we pulled our strollers up. As soon as she saw the babies, she came over to where we were standing and laid on the floor right next to the girls. She just stared at them (and the girls stared back). It was so cute, and really powerful to see just how special and humane those animals are. Peyton loves all the animals, and usually points and signs the "dog" sign and sometimes says "dee-de" which means Tinky.
We also went to this great park with one of those water features with the squirting fountains. The girls thought that was great. Peyton loved crawling around in the water, and wasn't scared at all. I noticed her doing this funny thing and after further examination I realized she was trying to drink out of the fountain where the water was draining. It was really cute until the fountain turned back on and totally squirted her in the face. I was nervous and expected a meltdown, but she just winced, cleared the water out of her eyeballs, and went back to the business of trying to slurp the puddles. She did this for probably 10 minutes. I was quite proud of my brave little soldier.
We took the girls to OMSI, and we had just about as much fun as they had. We all enjoyed the interactive exhibits, and the girls loved the toddler only area. Their favorite was the giant indoor sandbox and also the baby gym. It was so cute to watch them "parallel play". We all had a great time.
Peyton and I doing the weather

A Very Large Ear

She's trying to keep this away from an older kid. Good luck, kid, she's stronger than she looks!

Cute girls in the sandbox

I almost forgot about this one: there were some girls doing face painting, so Twink and I wanted the girls to get something quick and easy- a flower on their cheek. Kirra wouldn't have any of it. Peyton was okay until they switched colors, then she was over it. So she spent the rest of the day with a yellow circle on her cheek. I decided to tell people it was a sun instead of an incomplete flower.

Tired little bug. She had a fun, busy day!

In other big news, I finally got Peyton's hair in Pig-Tails! I've been dying for her hair to grow long enough to style, and it's finally there! It looks so dang cute!

Starting the Saturday that we were in Eagle Crest, I had some difficulty swallowing and pain behind my sternum. Tuesday it was so bad that I went to Urgent Care because I didn't want to wait for my doctor. I was then sent over to a gastroendonologist and he told me that the antibiotics I was taking are *sometimes* known to cause esophageal damage because of how basic they are (as opposed to acidic). He wanted to see what the damage was, so I had to have an endoscopy. I was totally nervous. I didn't really mind the idea of the procedure, because I was told that the drugs are so good, I wouldn't remember a thing, but I was scared to death about getting an IV. I had the procedure yesterday, and it went great. Sure enough, I have corrosion of my lower esophagus, but apparently the inside of your body heals really fast, and mine was already feeling better. So they sent me home, and I got Chipotle and Ice Cream, and Jade spent the evening with me watching Bachelorette. All in all, a very successful day!
Peyton is at a funny stage right now. She's physically able to walk, but she's totally content to crawl. She's fiercely independent, yet she wants me to be around her all the time. She loves her binky and "face blankie", and usually when she's tired she goes to her crib, reaches through the slats, grabs both and puts herself to sleep, rubbing her face with the soft blankie. She's really mellow and easy-going, yet she loves attention. She loves little kids but prefers to be with adults. She is so tiny (still in 0-3 or 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers) but she's becoming less of a baby and more of a toddler every day. It's so sweet to watch her grow and learn so much. I'm having a hard time letting go of my baby, but I love her so much and I'm so grateful for everything she adds to my life. I don't know what I did without her!
6 comments:
when I got your email...I thought, I bet Ashton is putting up a new post! Yeah! I love to catch up on what you have been doing! What a great break for my current project! thanks for the great posts and the pics of one of my very favorite little girls:)
whoa peyton is becoming such a big girl! i loveeee her cute little pigtails that is the best!! i want to see her again!!!
ps. jess, my mom, and i totally watched the bachelorette here. we made nathan watch it with us too. jade is not alone. poor guys.
Peyton sure looks like she is having a lot of fun. Ashton she is such an adorable little girl! Can she come stay at my house? I think Kellen would adore her. ha ha
Congrats on the pigtails, quite an achievement! peyton is so cute, and it sounds like you guys have been doing some fun things! OMSI seems really cool. and sorry about your esophagus problem, how strange! but good to hear that they were able to help you. and also, i forced wes to watch most of the bachelorette with me too. :)
Peyton is seriously adorable!! Glad you had fun in Eagle Crest.
ola jade aqui e RODRIGUES perdi seu email que vc me deu quando fez missao no BRASIL acho que se lembra de nos vc nos deu estudo junto com elder BOTTAS em IJUI me ensinou fazer cookis bom cara foi bom te achar tem uma bela familia vc.e uma grande pessoa um abraço espero poder falar pela web cam com vcs
Post a Comment