Leg hanging overboard
And squished in a peanut
The staff put a card and rose petals on our table for our anniversary, and we enjoyed a delicious meal- and I ate one of the best steaks of my life. Then they brought us out a dessert with a candle, and told us to wish for many more years of happiness. 
It really was a great night, and I can't believe I've already been married 3 years! Sometimes it seems so recently that I was planning my wedding- yet at the same time I kind of feel like I've been married to Jade my whole life. Funny how that works out.
Peyton is learning to feed herself. Sometimes this goes reasonably well:And sometimes she's less successful:
We have several fruit trees and bushes in our yard. In the summer we had blueberries, and now we have red apples, yellow apples, and a green apple/pear hybrid. Friday we decided to pick them off our trees. If you look in the picture you can see a red bucket. We filled 2 of those full, plus an extra box. We had so many apples! We kept a few good ones, and the bad ones we put on Jade's brother's and parents' lots for the deer to eat.
We also took a bag full to our neighbor's house and fed the horses with Peyton. She liked them right up until they started nosing around in the bag for more apples. That was too close for comfort for her.
And Saturday we got together with a bunch of friends and watched the BYU/Sooner game. It was awesome! We were all so happy - screaming, cheering, clapping. Peyton got scared several times during the game and started to cry. Here are my 2 cougar fans, enjoying the game:
And the last thing I have to blog about is a funny story about my little princess. Sunday we put her down for a nap, and she didn't really sleep. She was over-tired, and so she stayed up- we could hear her talking, yelling, fussing a little bit. So finally after about 30 minutes we decide she's obviously not going to take a nap, so Jade went in to get her. He started laughing right when he opened the door, and called me in to see a very funny sight. Peyton had thrown every single thing out of her crib, and I do mean thrown. It wasn't just dropped by the side. Things were all over the room. Her lullabye lamb, her teddy bear, throw pillow, quilt, face blanket, and binky. Also she had totally dismantled her mobile. It was in 4 pieces strewn about the room. It was like my little baby went into a rage and just started throwing stuff all over. It was so funny! When we walked in, she was just standing up looking at us, smiling. I love that girl.
9 comments:
I'm feeling the end of summer melancholy of summer ending as well, never long enough, and this year is unusual, in that we shouldn't have the end of summer rain we have had. Looking forward to the end of the week, 80's again! I love your pics, especially get a kick out of the Peyton, after feeding herself, not so successfully! Love you guys!
Girl, you get the "Marathon Blogger" award! I love your posts! That little sweetie is getting too big, too fast. Happy Ani!!!
Looks like you guys have had a great summer! Peyton is adorable. And Honeyman looked like a blast, as usual! Happy 3rd anniversary! Crazy how time flies! We're coming up on ours shortly, too. I also loved the picture of Peyton feeding herself! Fun times...
I'm happy to hear you've been having such a funfilled summer! one day i would love to come to honeyman for that famous camping trip i've heard so much about. that would be cool. one of these days we just need to organize a big reunion again. and happy 3 years of marriage!!! i totally know what you mean too--I can't believe wes and I have been married for almost 4 years now.. but then i think about how much has happened since we got together, and it's hard to remember a time when we were apart! and good job for letting peyton feed herself, even when its a huge mess. Jake is 2 months older, and i have a really hard time letting him dive into the messy stuff.. i just hate cleaning it up! glad you guys are doing well.
I'm so glad you guys were able to celebrate your anniversary baby free (or at least for some it)! You are so brave to let Peyton feed herself. Yikes! Sometimes I think about when that day will come...and then I quickly push that thought right out of my mind. I see from the pictures that you had to add the straps back into the highchair! =) Wish we could have watched the BYU game with you guys like the old times! It was a great game! Love you guys and miss you! See you soon!
Peyton is so big since we saw her! Happy anniversary! We miss you guys! :)
Peyton is getting ridiculously big! Wow! So cute. Okay, and Caden also cried several times during that football game b/c we all screamed so loud it scared him to death. Pretty funny.
Has it really been three years?!? It seems like yesterday i was helping you pack for you honeymoon and sleeping in your bed the night before you got married! Crazy!! Happy three years, it sounded like a beautiful day! I can't believe how big Peyton is getting! Love you!
I wish we could! We have a wedding to go to or i would be there in a heart beat! We want to get tickets for the BYU Utah game, you should too!
Post a Comment