Saturday, May 8, 2010

I haven't changed a dirty diaper in a week!

Yep- you guessed it. We're potty training! I'm not going to say we're officially potty trained, but we're pretty close to being diaper free! I can't believe it, either. I was dreaming about this day, but never thought it would come to fruition so soon! We had started "pre-potty training" with her a couple months ago, just wanting to familiarize her with the potty. I never dared to hope she would start potty training so soon! Then, in the middle of April she randomly said to me "momma poo-poo" and I asked her if she needed to go poo-poo on the potty. She answered with a resounding "Yes!" And sure enough, she did. We spent the next week asking her if she needed to go potty, but to no avail. Then on the one week anniversary of the potty incident, she climbed out of the bath and got her diaper and said "poo-poo". I put her on the potty seat and sure enough, she went again! The next week she went #1 and #2 on the potty a handful of times. Peyton and I went to the store and picked out panties together. They are a little big (the smallest size is 2T), but she is now the proud owner of "Fancy Nancy" and Disney Princesses panties. We had a sitter one night, and she told her she needed to go potty, and did! Now she's in panties all day- even in public! She made it through church without any accidents. She was sitting with the Bantons during Sacrament meeting and asked Abbie to take her potty. (The Bantons are her favorite people including boyfriend Brock whom she is fiercely possessive of and 13 year old babysitter Abbie that she is mildly obsessed with- we can't even sit with Peyton in Sacrament meeting because she repeats "Abbie" a hundred times super loud if she sees her). She later regressed a little bit and had 2 accidents at Grandma's house. But she makes it through naps without accidents- even waking herself up and crying if she needs to go. She also makes it through the night dry about 50% of the time (she's in diapers at night). And, to make things even better, she has only gone #2 in the potty for the last week! I am thrilled. Goodbye diapers. It was nice knowing you.
Peyton wasn't overly cooperative while I was trying to take pictures. "Terrific Twos" here we come!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome, Ashton! I'm glad it has gone so smoothly for you! I'm crossing my fingers for a similar experience in the future!