So anyone who knows me well knows I'm not really a lucky person. I'm really fortunate in life, and I've been so blessed in every way imaginable, but as far as basic dumb luck goes, I really don't have any. I can't think of a time I've ever won anything, not even a free tee shirt at a baseball game. Imagine my surprise when I get a phone call Sunday afternoon from the audience coordinator of the Ellen DeGeneres show, telling me I won two tickets to be on her Mother's Day show!! I know, I couldn't believe it either. It's airing May 9th, the Friday before Mother's Day, and my momma and I are going to the taping in Burbank on May 8th. I'm SO excited!! She invited only first time pregnant moms-to-be and a guest of their choice who must be a mother. Last year the Mother's Day show was so cute and I'm so excited to go be a part of it this year! By Sunday night we had already booked our flights, hotel, rental car, and sent back our information packet to the show. We're obviously really excited. Then on Monday, another amazing thing happened! The head of the Spirit Department at UVU (that's still a little weird to say, but I guess it's official now) called and offered me the position as head cheerleading coach! So that little 2 month stint helping out as "assistant" turned into the real deal for me! I can hardly believe it, but I'm so excited and so grateful for the opportunity. Lately I had begun to worry that I was going to go crazy being alone at home with a newborn all day, every day, and I was wondering what I was going to do for a few hours every week for "me time". Well, now I know- I'll be coaching cheer! I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing. It's the perfect job for me; I'll have a newborn, so it's not like I'd be able to have a "real" job outside of the home, yet I'll need a little outside interaction so I don't go nuts, and also, I love cheerleading! Wish me luck!
27 weeks now! When I'm laying down you can totally see my "baby bump"

6 comments:
yay ashton! how exciting!
I love that we still can't tell you are pregnant:-) haha! I am still trying to figure out my blog... I am up to July 31st (i have soo much to catch up on). Love you!!!
Um, how COOL is that?! So jealous! I hope you and mama have a great time! You two cats deserve it! Love you!
congrats. That sounds like so much fun. she won't believe you are pregnant, you can't even tell because you are so little!
Ashton! That is so great about your new job! congrats! So I don't think we'll make it to your shower tomorrow night...but I'm planning on coming to the one next week!
I don't get it...Where's the baby? I think that it's finally happened, all those watermellon seeds you use to swallow one is starting to grow. No stretch marks (still) yes! (thank you genes.) I love you can't wait to dance with you and Ellen. XOXO
Post a Comment