Thursday, April 24, 2008

Softball and Showers

We have lots going on lately, with summer rapidly approaching. It's Jade's busiest time of the year, so he's been working super hard to prepare for the summer. To relieve some stress, the men of Stampede formed a softball team, and they're playing in a city league this summer. So far they've been taking it pretty seriously, and they have night-time practices and even bought real baseball uniforms. Unfortunately, or rather fortunately, they're better businessmen than softball players, hence they're 0 for 2. I don't mean to brag, but Jade's definitely one of the team all-stars, and I'm so proud when I watch him. And he looks super hot in his baseball uniform. There's something about a man in uniform! Last week I hosted my best friend Megan's bridal shower at my house! It was a bigger undertaking than I thought it would be, what with my "condition" and a full-time job and everything, but all the hard work paid off and it was super fun. I can't wait for her to get married and experience the ups and downs, but mostly ups, of marriage. Also, last night was my first baby shower! The wives of Stampede (that kind of sounds like a soap opera, but I can't think of a better way to phrase it) got together to celebrate the pregnancies of myself and Brenda Mortensen, another wife, who is due around the same time as me. We had a big dinner party at PF Changs. It was delicious and so fun to get together with everyone. We had a really nice time, and I got so much darling baby stuff! That little girl is going to be the best dressed baby in Utah! Thanks to everyone who came and celebrated with us! I had a wonderful time!
Me and Meg at her shower
Jade's favorite shower gift
Mommies-to-be
Jade up to bat

2 comments:

tiffany garfield said...

You look so cute! I'm sorry I missed the shower--we were visiting Noah's family in Hawaii. It looks like the shower was fun. I love the little pink BYU shirt! I'm so excited for guys!

Kate Brotherson said...

you are still so tiny! i can't wait to see how cute this little baby girl is.