A PREVIEW

Well, I did it. I pierced my baby's ears. Those of you who know me well won't be surprised at all, because I've always wanted to have a beautiful little girl with painted nails and itty-bitty diamond studs in her ears. So, I had the oh-so-beautiful little girl, painted those nails, and the only thing I had left to do was bring myself to take her to get her ears pierced. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 7, because my mom is old-fashioned (in her own words), but if it would have been up to my dad, I would have had them pierced before leaving the hospital (he served a mission with Latinos, who pierce baby girls' ears before they can lift their little heads up). So as long as I can remember, I've wanted to do just that. It took me a little while to work up the courage to do it, since I knew she was going to be unhappy with me afterwards, but with a little encouragement from a few friends who whole-heartedly believe in early piercing, I decided to "just do it" yesterday while I was running errands. I figured it's best to do it before she's old enough to play with the earrings and infect them, and also before she's old enough to remember the pain. Hey, you never hear grown men talking about how bad circumcision was, and that's got to be a million times worse than a little piercing! Anyway, as the saying goes "it hurt me more than it hurt her". Kind of like shots, or heel pricks. I cried, she gave a little jump when it happened "what was that!", then pouted a little bit, I nursed her right away, and by the time she was full, she had forgotten about the whole thing. Before I knew it, she was asleep in her car seat, and that's the end of it. She doesn't grab at her ears, they're not red anymore, and she doesn't seem to be bothered by them at all. And it looks adorable, if I don't say so myself.
This picture was right after

(She's trying to get her thumb under her binkie to suck it)
6 comments:
She is so cute, I never tire of looking at her! Glad you are here:)
Yet another cute post brought to you by...Miss Peyton herself. I simply adore her pieced ears and I'm glad you decided against being "old fashioned." I would have done the same thing! When is Peyton's first pedi going to be? Wait, maybe you already did that, or was it a mani?
Im one of the girls thats says "Go for it to" She just look too precious. WHEN (HOpefully this one) =) I have a little girl ill probably do it about that same age.
She only gets cuter by the day, doesn't she?? Well i love her, she looks beautiful, and i miss you guys like crazy!!
I am right there with you....I want to get Eva's ears pierced while she is a baby! Peyton looks so cute...I love it! Thank you so much for the advice. I really appreciate it! You are so sweet!
Cute little Peyton looks more like Jade the bigger she gets! She's a doll!
Post a Comment