Thursday, March 19, 2009

Little Squirt

Peyton had her 9 month doctor's appointment yesterday. Guess what percentile she is in for weight... 1% This means 99% of babies her age weigh more than her! What a little pipsqueak! Not to worry- it's in her genes. I was never on the chart for weight. I had my own chart because I was so puny, and I turned out just fine! She's in the 58% for height, so that's good. At least she won't be a short squirt.


Even though she's not technically getting big, she is getting so grown up. She's starting to get into things when I'm not paying attention. The other day I was in the laundry room, sorting laundry, and I put Peyton on the floor in her room with some toys around her (don't worry- her room is baby-proofed, and the laundry room is next door). After a couple minutes, I peeked into her room to check on her, and this is what I saw:

She has "guilty" written all over that cute little face

She had crawled over to her toy drawer, opened it up, stood up, and was digging around for a toy she wanted. It was so cute. She still makes me laugh every day. Our newest challenge is getting her to stop feeding Tink food off her high chair. I don't think that is a battle I'll ever win. Also, she has decided on a new favorite sleeping position:
I don't understand how that's comfortable, but hey, whatever keeps her sleeping! In other exciting news for Jade, Peyton said "da-da" two times last night! You should have seen his face when she said it. It was almost like he just won the lottery. So sweet.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Peyton is one cute little pipsqueak! She is growing up so fast! And thanks for the compliment on my baby belly! I wish you could have been at the shower too! We love you guys. Jade was so sweet to call me the other day and see how we're doing. I hope we get to see you guys sometime soon! (p.s.--I posted another blog right after the baby shower one...you should check out Nathan's music video...it's pretty funny.) Love ya!

Tara said...

Too cute!! Thats totally not a bad thing to be in the low end weight for girls either =) Shes getting soo cute!

Sydney Marné said...

i'm in love with her sleeping position. hahahah what a darling teeny tiny girl!!

KB said...

What a doll she is!!! Norah was off the charts in both height and weight- I totally understand. The Dr. Always asked if she ate allright- she did and does!!! Tink will be a handy vaccum in the years to come- it cuts down on sweeping ten fold. :-)

Tiffany said...

She is so precious. My 18 month old is not on the charts either for weight or height. He is a tiny one too. It is much easier to hold little ones and carry them around because they weight so little.

The Rees' said...

AHHHH! I love her!

Kristie said...

ahh she is so cute! i can't believe her hair is getting so long, i love it! also. the naked picture with the hat and boots is to die for. and as for the pictures with the toy drawer, I love when jake rummages through his toy box, so happy and independent, i could watch him entertain himself all day long. and the sleeping position is so funny! it's amazing how they will arrange there little bodies to get comfortable. I'm glad peyton discovered the da-da noise too. For the longest time all we ever got was ma-ma or mum-mum.. then one day jake discovered da-da, and now thats his favorite sound. i can already see where his priorities are that little stinker! glad you are doing well!

Jerai Moulton said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe what we are missing out on! We miss you guys SOO much! Peyton is adorable! I'm in love with those bright big eyes! Hopefully we'll get to see you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie petutie...(don't know about the spelling, but I love that word!) Can't believe that she is getting around all over! Can't wait to see you, is Peyton feeling better?

Meg and Ryan said...

What a cute little thing and she is going to be a great yoga partner, check out her flexibility!!

SUZANNE said...

See...I knew there was some Ashton in her somewhere!!! 99% like papa, 1% little and petite like mama. She's a beauty, that's for sure!

Ashley said...

Payton is definitely going to be a cheerleader. She can already do a Russian in her sleep. Now that is talent!

Thelin Family said...

Wow, what would that be like to lug around a 1% child rather than a 95% child? She is a doll. You are entering my favorite age of kids 9 months.

Kate Brotherson said...

She is so funny. I love the new sleeping position. She is a little tiny thing but oh so cute.

Kim Martin said...

OMG ASHTON!!!! HOW CUTE!!!!!! How have you been?!?!?! I miss you! You guys have the cutest little girl ever!!! My blog is set to private, but I miss you and would love to hear from you! Send me an email so I can add you to my blog list! xoxoxox

So glad things are going so well for you!

Kim Martin
mxlilkim@gmail.com