Monday, March 30, 2009

Life Saver (Almost Literally)

Spring seems to be pregnancy-season. Everywhere I look I see pregnant chicks! I was just reflecting on my own pregnancy, and I can hardly believe it's been almost a year since I was pregnant. The time has flown. I was fortunate enough to have an awesome pregnancy (this is the part where my bad-pregnancy friends send me death stares via the Internet), and I seriously LOVED being pregnant. I was also fortunate enough to have a great post-partum period, and within about 3 weeks I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I cannot take any credit for this; I wasn't exercising, it was genetics, nursing, and a little invention called the HipSlimmer. Since I have so many pregnant friends, I decided I needed to do a post on this object that played an instrumental role in me fitting back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. The weight wasn't very hard to get off, since I didn't gain very much in the first place. For me, the challenge was getting my hips to un-expand. During pregnancy, women's hips expand in preparation for childbirth. Mine were no exception. Although my hips didn't expand monumentally, they did widen just enough that my jeans wouldn't fit. Lovely. I had been told by friends to wear an ace-bandage around my waist, or a girdle, but nothing was strong enough to move my hips. I needed an old fashioned corset for my hips! By some miracle, I stumbled across the HipSlimmer. It is designed specifically for this purpose. Hallelujah! I wore it every night for about 3 weeks, and I was fitting back into my normal jeans. I couldn't have been happier. I don't know if my hips ever would have gotten back to their pre-pregnancy measurements if I hadn't had the HipSlimmer. It was seriously one of the best investments I've ever made. For all you girls that are pregnant, or are planning on getting pregnant, I definitely recommend it. Add it to your Baby-List, because you will definitely want one of these. I cannot stress enough how great this thing is!
Oh, and since you can't buy this in stores, here's the website: hipslimmer.com