Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Dear Peyton

It is hard for me to write this post, because I can hardly believe that my little angel is one year old! Today was her birthday, and now I can't help but feel like she's slowly becoming more of a little girl and less of a baby. It's really exciting, yet heartbreaking at the same time. I'm so proud of all her accomplishments, but I want them to slow down a little! She's growing up way too fast, but she gets sweeter and more charming every day. For her first birthday, we decided to have a rubber duckie themed swimming party. Everything was pink and turquoise and yellow. It was a huge success, everything turned out perfectly, and super cute. Because I know some of you are into this stuff, here are some pictures of the decor:



We had pink and yellow lemonade, plus pink and blue juice for the kids. We also had 2 bowls of "duck food" (pretzels and popcorn).Peyton's Grandma Marianne made bathtub cupcakes and we put a hot pink mini rubber duckie on each one. The ducks even had "1" on their chests!We did goodie bags themed around the water (squirt guns, sunglasses, bubbles, ottor pops, and candy of course), pink for the girls and blue for the boys.Kid's Table, with Peyton's chair at the end


Peyton was a good sport about the singing, even though it all went over her head. She liked looking at the candle, and thought it was great watching her cousin Trent blow it out.



My mom had to show her what to do with the cupcake. Once she got the idea, she was in heaven. True to form, she was quite dainty eating the cupcake. She just kept grabbing little clumps of frosting with her "pincers".



We let her guests open up the presents they brought for her, since she had no clue what was going on. It was chaos, but the kids loved it.



Peyton's guests included her best friend Peyton Janeck, her cousins Sam, Macie, Marley, Max, Gabe, Trenton, Ike, and Taryn, and our friends Abby, Alec, and Brock Banton (I have already arranged a marriage between her and Brock). I'm so glad Peyton already has a best friend that's only 4 months older than her to grow up with. Trevor and Brittney- you can't ever move or we'll all be so sad!



The best part of the night was swimming! The kids all had a blast, and Peyton LOVED going down the big water slide. She was cold in the water at first, but ended up having so much fun.



Uncle Chaz took her down the slide her first time. She obviously liked it. She was laughing and signing "more".



On her actual birthday, we went to dinner at Red Robin with my mom and sister before they left Portland. The waiters and waitresses all sang to her and gave her balloons and a sundae. It was again over her head, but she loved the sundae!



I absolutely cannot believe my little girl is one. It has been without a doubt, the best year of my life. I am so grateful to have this angel baby in my life. There is no one else whose momma I would rather be. Happy first birthday, baby. You are my sunshine. I love you more than life itself.

8 comments:

Morgan said...

I can't believe Peyton is already 1! Time really is going by way too fast! I love her birthday outfit and the set up and theme was so cute! It must have been really nice to have your families there for her first birthday! Hope you guys are doing well!

The Rees' said...

time DOES fly! looks like you guys are doing your very best to enjoy every moment of it and having alot of fun! happy birthday little miss! keep your little eyes open for a present from me and baby rees!! we miss you guys and love you! hope you guys are having a wonderful week!
p.s. how wonderful you got to have your entire family there! love them! and by the way.. totally cute party! so my thing! go you!

Meg and Ryan said...

Such a cute b-day theme and party!!! I really cannot believe it has been a whole year, sooo crazy!!! Love and miss you guys!~!

Jerai Moulton said...

I can NOT believe that Peyton is one either! She is so big and so adorable! I have to admit that I'm a little sad that we missed the event, but at least we'll get to celebrate your birthday in August! Thanks for posting! I love the pictures!

KB said...

Oh my! A year already? What an absolute doll!!! The party was adorable and I am a bit jealous we weren't there. Time does go by too fast- cherish every moment!

SUZANNE said...

I can't believe your little babe is a year old! What a darling party you threw for her. I was loving the deets! You are so cute and little Peyton is beyond precious!!!

Kate Brotherson said...

Happy Birthday Peyton! I can't believe she is one already and I haven't even met her.... what is wrong here! What a fun 1st birthday. I love her swimming and her cute hair. She is so precious.

The Howard's said...

What a fun birthday party! Happy 1 year Peyton!