Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Can't take the Vegas out of the Girl...

Well, we're finally back for good after 8 days in Las Vegas, then a week back home, then 2 days in Vegas, then 6 days skiing in Utah, then 10 more days in Las Vegas, then 4 days in Utah Valley. Are you tired yet, because I am! It has been such a crazy 2 months! We are so happy to have been able to visit all our family and friends, but it does feel great to be home. I already posted about the first trip to Las Vegas and being back home and Utah, so I'm not too overwhelmed about all the catching up I have to do. The most recent trip to Las Vegas was pretty low-key. I didn't do too many exciting things- I basically just followed my mom around and tried to help her with all her chores every day. I did a lot of carpooling, some cleaning, and so many errands it made my head spin. My mom was sick for a little while, so I was back-up-mom. I laid out a little bit and read a lot (I re-read the Twilight series again...) I was lucky in Las Vegas- we had some nice warm weather and also some totally beautiful summer showers (I know it's not technically summer, but they felt like summer showers). Wednesday the 3rd we celebrated my momma's birthday! We went to Bunco (and I actually won a prize for the first time!) and we went to see Valentine's Day with a bunch of girls from my mom's ward. After the movie I went out with my best friend Bianca to hear her friend DJ at the Ghostbar and do a little dancing. We had a great time! Thursday I had super bad allergies which kick-started my asthma and left me in bed and resting most of the day. Friday I ran errands with my mom all day and then we went out with 6 of her friends for a birthday girls' night out! We had dinner at a tapas restaurant called Firefly in downtown Las Vegas- the restaurant overlooked Freemont Street, which is beautiful at night. After that we went to the LA Comedy club to see a very funny comedy show. Then we gambled for about an hour (I lost $20 in the penny machines). It was such a fun way to celebrate my mom's birthday! Saturday we went to visit my Grandpa Coy in the hospital (he was recovering from a neck surgery). We watched about 5 episodes of my mom's favorite show Cold Case and then I went out dancing with a bunch of my girlfriends to celebrate our friend Brittany's birthday! We went to Jet at the Mirage and we had so much fun we stayed until right before the club closed at 3am! Sunday was a great day because after 10 days of being apart, Jade came into town! We picked him up at the airport, then went to church, then to visit my Grandpa again, and then we had family dinner and a movie. Monday jade went in to my family's company and I spent the day running around with my mom. Tuesday was our last day in Las Vegas. Jade worked again and my mom and I had lunch with my Aunt Dawn and her kids who are 5 and 1 1/2- Fisher and Aizee. Wednesday at 5am (about 4 hours too early for me) we left for Salt Lake City. Jade worked all day every day we were there, and half of the nights (he is such a hard worker). We got to have dinner with our friends Peter and Amber and their 4 boys (Amber is finally pregnant with her girl!) I spent my best friend Steph's whole day off with her on Thursday (and her boyfriend showed me the ring he was going to propose to her with a few days later!!) We got to spend a night with our friends Tristen and Dan- we watched some lame scary movie and the boys played pool while Tristen and I talked for hours. I even got to see my best friend/sister Megan for about 5 minutes while she and her hubby Ryan drove through Orem on their way down to Las Vegas. Saturday we flew home, and besides Peyton acting up on the flight (I don't blame her- we were stuck for 1 hour on the plane waiting to be de-iced and she never napped the whole day) we got home in one piece, and as always it's great to be back home!
Sleepy baby couldn't keep her eyes open. So sweet.Peyton is really into copying people lately. She found my mom's reading glasses and put them on, then started "reading" a book. It was darling. She also stood up and tried to walk around, and then spun her head, threw her arms out and fell over. Apparently they weren't her right prescription.Birthday girlSweet reunion!Peyton is teasing Tink in this picture- she has Tink's bone and was seriously considering eating it. Tinky was very well behaved and just patiently waited for Peyton to drop it- even though she was dying to yank it away from her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute pictures, Ashton! Sounds like you guys have been pretty busy and having lots of fun! Peyton is just adorable.

Amber and Mackay said...

I love that pic of Tink and Peyton! They are going to be best of friends!!!! I didn't even know you came to town!!! Hope you had a BLAST!