Saturday, September 4, 2010

While We Were Out

Jade and I "had" to go on a vacation that he received as an incentive from New York Life (more on that later), so we flew my mom up to Portland to babysit Peyton while we were gone. She stayed a few extra days, so I could see a little bit of her too- no fair that Peyton got her all to herself. My mom and Peyton both had an absolute blast, though my mom did admit that when 7:00pm came around, she was glad Peyton was in bed so she could have a break. I was so happy she could come babysit our babies (Tink, too) while we were gone. I knew Peyton was in the best hands because she had my mom's undivided, loving, grandma attention. I don't know who was sadder when it came time for Noni to leave- Peyton or my mom (or me). My mom had taken lots of pictures of Peyton for me while I was gone (I missed that girl so much. I swear she was different when I saw her after 6 days. Her hair was longer, she was taller, her voice was different...) Thanks mom!
She's always loved to be naked. This day she stripped down to just her sandals and sunglasses to go potty.
Going for a walk- she insisted on bringing her bag.Apparently Peyton spent no less than an hour a day looking through pictures on my mom's camera. At one point she asked my mom to take a picture of her binky, so she could see it on the camera. I'm still not sure how I'm going to get rid of that thing.
Peyton has been obsessed with wheeled suitcases for about the past 6 months. The first day my mom was in town, we were at Kohl's and Peyton rolled around a huge suitcase the whole time we were at the store (and tantrummed when we had to leave). She told my mom she wanted a "bag pack" (she got that from me telling her I was packing my bag- so she calls all wheeled suitcases "bag pack") and she wanted a pink one. My mom searched high and low and was finally able to find her a pink suitcase that Peyton still loves (a huge compliment to the suitcase because usually she is "over" things in about 6 minutes)
Waiting for us at the airport.Lunch at Nordstrom Cafe. So happy to be with my little girly.

2 comments:

SUZANNE said...

I can't take it!!! She is so seriously cute. That personality!!! If I didn't have a baby girl of my own, I would want to steal her!!! Hope to see you next month!!!

Randi said...

She's so big and her hair is so long! I probably write the same comment every time but it's strange watching your friend's kids grow from afar. PS guess what? Chad applied to a grad school in Seattle which is like.. 3 hours from you guys?!