Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Best Night of Her Life

We had our ward Halloween party/Trunk-or-Treat last night. Peyton had the best night of her life. Let me preface this by saying that Peyton is a babywise baby. We have a pretty firm schedule, and it ends up working out great for both baby and mommy. So at 7 sharp every night, Peyton is in bed. Our party didn't start until 6:30, so already we had that going against us. Peyton found her favorite person in the world/babysitter Abbie and whined Abbie into feeding her dinner. And soda. Then she found her other favorite- Abbie's mom Lacie and suckered Lacie into getting her a piece of pie, which she finished. By herself. Seriously, she licked the bowl clean- and I'm not speaking figuratively. Then she found her way over to grandpa, who was busy giving her cousins all sorts of treats, so she had her fill with him. Then she went with her nursery leader to the cake walk, where she won a cupcake. I didn't know about this one until I saw her licking the (2" tall) frosting off the top. Luckily for me, she wasn't interested in the cake part, so she gave it to me to throw away. Then she meandered into the baby haunted house, which was really a room with some glowing pumpkins and balloons all over the floor. Oh yes, and a cauldron full of chocolate coins. Peyton came out of the haunted house (10 minutes later) with chocolate smeared all over her face. It was special. Last but not least, was the actual trunk-or-treat-ing. For anyone who doesn't know what that is, we all park our cars with the trunks facing the sidewalk and decorate the cars and the kids go around the circle of cars and get their candy. So Peyton took her little bag and walked around and collected way too much candy for her own good. We finally managed to get her loaded into the car at 9. She screamed when I took her candy bag away to load her into the car. Then she peed in her car seat. Apparently in all the excitement of the night, she forgot to go potty. So, it was an amazing night for us. When we were driving home, I asked her what her favorite thing we did all day was. I expected her to say the zoo (we had gone that morning) or the party. She said "cupcake!" Pretty cute. She had kind of a rough morning this morning. I think she was sugar-hungover. Tonight Jade and I went to a grown-up Halloween party at our friends' house. It was a white-trash bash and it was pretty hilarious. We had such a blast matching everyone with their most white trash moment and guessing the white trash trivia. Jade and I even won the prize for the best costumes. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a sad thing. Good times.
:
:
:
A couple Tink pictures to start us off. Tinky has a few favorite spots in the house: on the floor in front of the huge windows looking out to the front yard (waiting to see the neighbor's cat or bunny), on the floor in front of the big office window looking out to the side yard (waiting to see the neighbor's cat or dog), and on the stairs, where she can look out the big window to the street, and catch a few rays of sunshine on days when there is actually sun.Okay- I promise on everything I hold dear that this picture isn't staged. The baby was laying on the couch and Tink actually moved it over so she could cuddle with it.Last one.
Where's Waldo?Playdate at one of our favorite play places- Munchkin Playland.And there we are again...Here's an awesome shot of my little princess...She loved this costume. She hasn't seen Snow White, but she loved the shoes with a high heel and the pretty dress. Pretty much this picture speaks for itself.I'm blocking Jade's tattoo sleeve and he's not wearing his sweet flip flops, but you get the general idea.Can you see the refrigerator on the porch or the wagon and lawn mower in the bushes?

I took the picture before the ding-dong and ho-ho bowl and the bucket of KFC chicken came. Too bad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, I am laughing so hard about the trunk or treat narrative, that was a fun night for the kids. The Halloween party was a crack up, you guys look special! I actually thought you should have worn what you wore camping on your birthday morning! The drink cooler was a great idea!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SUZANNE said...

This post was the best! First off, love your preface that little P is a Babywise baby, "oh, you are just so lucky that she goes to sleep at 7!" And your guys WT costumes were the best!!!!! You guys are so cute and clever. Made me miss you even more. When do you come to LV next? Love you, Oprah post coming tomorrow!!! Be prepared, it's a long one!!

Chelsea said...

Looks like so much fun! Where have you been? Haven't seen you in FOREVER!!!

Jerai Moulton said...

Such a fun party!! I feel so behind on my own blogging and especially trying to catch up on every one elses! We have been so crazy!! It looks like you guys had a blast! I know what you mean about bed time and excessive candy...or even just a little candy! Yikes! Thankfully for our kids Halloween only comes once a year! Way to go on your costumes. And let's face it--the Thelin's all have a little WT in their genes! I'm excited to see you guys in a few short weeks!! (And hopefully Jade tonight!)