She has a killer memory (she doesn't get that from me. Maybe from her Uncle Jimmy). She remembers things from 3-4 months ago (especially injuries and birthday parties or the last time she wore a certain article of clothing).
Wanted Noni to sing "bears" instead of "monkeys" in the song "5 Little Monkeys Swinging From the Tree." I guess she thought monkeys are too sweet to let them get snapped by alligators. She's her mother's daughter.
When we went to pick my mom up from the airport, Peyton developed some sort of cough. It started off mild- she would just stop walking to cough. It got progressively more dramatic. By the time we got to the parking garage, she would stop, bend over (hands touching the ground), and cough- about every 10 steps. We tried so hard not to laugh (therefore reinforcing the fake cough), but it was so funny. How did she even come up with that?
We were playing outside on our deck (well, Peyton was playing and I was reading). I let Peyton turn on the hose and play in the water. I didn't realize she had squirted the slide with water, but she tried to go down her slide; and she was wet and the slide was wet... She shot off that thing about 50 mph.
She also started doing this weird thing while she walked- shrugging her shoulders up and down when she took each step. It was pretty cute, though I was really nervous it would become some sort of tick. Luckily she stopped doing it after the novelty wore off a couple days later.
She loves taking baths in the sink, and every day (usually several times a day), she will ask for "bath sink"!
When she is saying something and I can't understand her, she gets pretty frustrated. Then she starts talking really slow to me- as if I'm dense.
My mom and I were feeding Peyton and she asked me where Roxy was. I started to answer her "Roxy..." and then I got distracted and trailed off. She got annoyed and tried to help me find my words- she said "is..." It was very cute.
When she was doing swimming lessons in Las Vegas, she didn't really love it for the first few lessons. She would do everything her teacher Miss Melinda asked her to do, but after every exercise, she would ask "time for clean-up now?"
In Las Vegas, we were sitting by the computer and Peyton was playing with Noni's wallet. She pulled out a credit card and said "charge card!" I think I might take her shopping too much.
Last but not least... Peyton started dance classes today!! They are called "Tiny Tutus" It doesn't get much cuter than that!

2 comments:
I love that little girl and I think the Tutu was made for her, or maybe the other way around! As for the memory...hate to tell you but she comes by that from her father as well....both sides. We used to say Jade was like an elephant, because he never forgot anything!
Love all the updates!!! I am so obsessed with P's cute ballet outfit! LOVE and MISS YOU!!!
Post a Comment