2011 is already flying by!
Jade had his annual awards dinner for New York Life. He won 2 awards this year; Most Life Cases and the Mike Strykher award, a new award that the managing partner of the Portland office created and selected Jade for, because of his great work ethic. We got to go downtown to the Marriot on the waterfront for the awards ceremony dinner. It was pretty tasty, and always fun to get dressed up and cheer on my guy.
Jade also did a 4 week diet competition called Game On. He was on a team with Jeremy, Kristin and Marianne. They only got 3rd place as a team, but each of them did really well individually. Jade even lost 10 pounds!
Peyton is still loving ballet and gymnastics, and we actually just registered her for preschool in September! I can hardly believe it.
:
:
Peyton got a new leotard that she picked out herself. The first day she got to wear it, she asked me to polish her nails to match. How could I resist?
Some of you will remember one of Peyton's favorite past-times; the sink-bath.
At Jade's dinner.
Getting his 2nd award.
This picture makes me laugh because you can see the focus on Jade's face as he walks down the stairs. Gone is my reckless pre-surgery husband, who would walk or [gasp] even run without a second thought. Jade is always very careful of his ankles now (especially his right one). It's just as well.
:
:
:
And here are some Peyton Funnies from the last couple months:
I caught her in her crib, after waking up from a nap saying, "Hi Lace. How are you? What's up? Good. Where are you? At the party? Okay. Good. Bye." -She had her hand by her ear and was pretending to talk to Lacie on the phone.
My friend Nicole complimented me on my hair. Peyton touched her hair and said "I have hair too!" She wanted some compliments too.
We were out to dinner with our friends Bryce and Nicole. The waitress asked, "Did anyone save room for dessert?" All of us decline and Peyton yells "I do!"
"I'm awesome, mom." "Yes, you are awesome. Who told you that?" "Madeline's daddy." (One of our friends told her she was awesome when he was substituting in nursery.) Then we asked her if we were awesome. Mommy was awesome, daddy was not awesome the first time we asked, but he was the second time we asked. Tinky was awesome, too.
When counting, she sometimes counts up to the number "alerty".
She got the flu and was throwing up. I had given her a little Gatorade. A few minutes later she starts telling me, "mommy I want more gator-juice."
She was crying because I took her away from something she wasn't allowed to be playing with, and said, "You hurt my arm." "How did I hurt your arm?" "[sobs] You broke it!" (I carried her away in a cradle hold, not even by the arms.)
I was lecturing Peyton about all her messes and could tell she was losing interest. Peyton interrupts me and says "I take off me pants." Sure enough, her pants were down around her ankles. She sees me look over and starts to laugh hysterically.
Peyton J was over at our house on a playdate. Peyton said, "I love your hair, Peyton J. It's so pretty." SO cute!
"Please hit you?"
She still loves her binky. She will ask to go lay in her crib even when it's not naptime or bedtime just so she can have her binky.
"No do me hair!" - every morning when I get her ready.
She still has a mental block against the numbers 4 and 5. She goes straight from 3 to 6 every single time she counts.
Peyton and I were over at the Janeck's house one morning for a playdate. The girls kept going into the bathroom and playing, so finally Brittney told them the rule was there could only be one person in the bathroom at a time. Eventually Peyton J wandered to the bathroom again, and I could tell Peyton Coy was about to follow her. I reminded her of the rule, but Peyton J kept calling for her. She kept looking at me to see if I was watching. Eventually I reminded her again about the one person at a time rule, and so she called out to Peyton J, "You need some help, Peyton?" and of course Peyton J said "Yeah. Come help me." I couldn't believe how manipulative they were! I was honestly shocked. How did they learn that?
Peyton and I were taking a bath together, and she pointed to my nipple and siad "What's this called?" I told her it was called my nipple, on my chest. She said "Please pet it?" (That's what I've told her to ask people before petting their cats or dogs.) I was so taken aback. Later, I was reaching across the tub, and I felt a huge pinch- she had pinched my nipple! I was in shock. I couldn't stop myself from laughing, even though I knew I shouldn't be sending her the message that it was funny. But it was like she had just been waiting for the right time to pinch.
"Please hit ____________". (usually Charlotte, Lucy, Henry or Taryn. I think it's because they're the closest to her age that aren't older than her.) The funniest thing is she usually asks to hit them when they're not even around. Also once she asked me "Please hit you with a toy." Holy cow.
"You bossy mommy." "Oh, do you think I'm bossy? I'm sorry you feel that way." "You teasing me mommy." "I'm not teasing you, baby." "Daddy tease me."
1 comments:
Peyton is soo sassy! LOVE all those stories. I think she and jake would get along well :)
Post a Comment