Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Vegas- Week 2 - 2 1/2

Every time I go to Las Vegas, my brother's cat gives me serious allergies. Usually I'm so run-down from fighting those off that I am extra susceptible to getting sick. So I spent a lot of the last part of my trip sick- a few days of cold-type symptoms, and a cold sore (that was from stress from my mom's party). Not so much fun. After my first eventful week here, I took it easier.
Jade had a conference for New York Life in Las Vegas 3 of the days we were here (that was the whole reason we chose this particular time period for our trip). The conference was at Caesar's Palace, so we got a room there, left Peyton with my family, and stayed for 2 nights. It was really nice- Jade was able to get us a major upgrade on our room, so we had a really nice room on one of the top floors, overlooking the Bellagio fountains. It was so cool to see the fountains go off every 30 minutes. We had a great view.
Every year my family's golf club holds a member-member golf tournament in my dad's name. This year it happened to land on the days Jade was in town, so he was able to play in it. Jade played pretty well, and he and his partner ended up right in the middle of the pack. Jade loved it because it was 45 holes of golf in 2 days, plus he played 18 holes in a practice round, and the 2 days before the tournament he was able to go out and practice, too. He hasn't played that much golf since before his surgery. He was a pretty happy guy.
One day my mom and I took Peyton to the local children's museum, Leid Discovery. It was so fun to watch her run around and play. She loved the bubble station and all the musical things. Her very favorite thing was the little grocery store. She kept wanting to go back. One of the displays was about physics, so they had a human centrifuge, which was basically like one of the teacups from Disneyland. She thought that was pretty great. There was also a reclined chair, like a dentist's chair, that you could spin around in to prove some physics theory. I asked Peyton if she wanted to spin and she climbed right in. I started spinning her and she had the biggest smile on her face, so I spun her some more. After about 20 seconds I looked at her face and noticed she had that "just woken up from anesthesia" look about her. So I picked her up and she was honestly limp for a few seconds. I almost had a panic attack thinking I had hurt my child. It only lasted a couple seconds, and she was totally fine, but I really was worried there for a minute.
Because our trip included a 3-day weekend, it just so happened that all 4 of my best high school friends and I were in town, at the same time. That hasn't happened in awhile. Kelley's parents and boyfriend cooked us an awesome dinner, and we all got together and caught up. It was so good to see everyone. I forget how much I miss those girls until I get together with them.
The rest of the trip was pretty low-key. Tinky turned 4 on the 19th. Sometimes I forget we haven't had her forever. She just seems like so much a part of us. Jade left to finish his business and head back home, and we just hung out at my mom's house. Peyton went in the hot tub probably 50 times while we were there. I'm not even exaggerating. We also made a trip to the very coolest park I've ever been to. I really have never seen anything like it. It was all western-themed, with several huge play structures, different climbing structures, lots of slides, swings, and even water fountains to play in. We will definitely be going back there on our next trip!
:
:
My cousin and her husband brought their baby, Gus with them to Las Vegas. Peyton couldn't get enough of him! Surprisingly he was really patient with her. He even let her carry him around like a baby.
Jamie and Tony took Peyton on a golf cart ride to the park. They even let her drive. She thought that was amazing.
I wish I could have gotten a picture with her face. She was so very serious. Of course, she won't take pictures now, so I guess I should be happy I got this one.
Tink spent literally every free minute of her time waiting to see the cat. If my brother's door was closed, she would lay outside the door for (literally) hours, just waiting for a chance to see the cat. She was absolutely obsessed.

Tink also enjoyed laying in front of the fireplace, getting belly rubs. Tough life.

I love this last picture- my mom and Cheyanne were napping and look who snuck in between the two of them... (If you can't tell, it's Tink. She is kind of camouflaged with the blanket.)

Our View:

1 comments:

Jerai Moulton said...

Okay so both things I thought I would mention are about Tink. First of all that is hilarious about the cat. Only because I remembered from when I stayed at your house how she would freak out when she saw the cat through the window. I'm sure she was in heaven. And secondly it makes me laugh how much Tink and Remy are alike. Remy would have been spooning Tink by the fireplace and they would have been fighting over the spot on the couch under the blanket! Love those dogs!!