We just got a new computer- a Mac- and I have no idea how to use it. That's why there has been an insane delay in my posts. If anyone around here wants to give me some lessons, they would be greatly appreciated. I was looking through my much-needed- to-be-posted pictures and realized we had a very busy June around here, though at the time it didn't seem very busy. The days are starting to get nicer- if not yet sunny (they say in Portland that summer doesn't start until after the 4th of July, then it's basically perfect). Jade and I were spoiled by one of our friends (who actually used to babysit Jade) and she watched Peyton for us one night so we could go to dinner and a movie. We saw the new Pirates movie, and it was my first 3D movie. It was neat, but really it wasn't too different from a regular movie. I don't understand all the hype. We've been going on lots of playdates to keep busy- mostly the usual haunts- OMSI, Munchkin Playland, and now that the weather is bearable, we've been to the zoo and some local parks and splash pads. We've even been able to go to our Athletic Club and swim a few times (okay, 2 times). I even got to go see my nieces' dance recital, which was so cute, and made me so excited for when Peyton will be in her first dance recital!
We gave Peyton her birthday present a little early (not intentionally, but we almost got her to get rid of her binky, then I decided after a week of her not napping that I didn't really care if she has a binky or not- pregnant moms need nap time as much as preschoolers! So I hid a binky in her toy box and one day she "found" it and I let her keep it, so I wouldn't look like I back-pedaled on the no-binky issue. You win some, you lose some.) Anyway, her incentive was a Strider Bike, which we were going to give her for her 3rd birthday anyway, so she just got it a few days early. She rides it almost every single day. We are fortunate enough to live on a cul-de-sac, a rarity in Portland, and she gets tons of practice. She has actually gotten really good at balancing, and we think she'll probably be ready for a bike with pedals (no training wheels) by the end of summer. We got her a green bike, so it would be gender-neutral for future children, but she really wanted a pink bike (surprise, surprise). Before we gave it to her, I wrapped a bunch of pink ribbon around it- don't worry, nothing that would get caught in the wheels or anything- and put a Tinker Bell doll in the front. This was an instant hit, and she loved her "fancy" bike.
Peyton is going through a phase right now where she insists on choosing her clothes every day. This means she's wearing dresses all the time, even when she's riding her bike. So we end up tucking her dress into her bloomers so she can ride. She's my fancy little girly-girl. She also has been enjoying a lot of motorcycle rides with her daddy, something we obviously don't do the 8 months out of the year it's raining here, and which lately she has been requesting almost daily.
We had a great Father's Day at our house. I let Peyton choose Jade's Father's Day present (I got him 2 spare wedding bands, since we both don't want him to lose his original). She chose bubbles and gum, which ironically is what she asked for for her birthday. Funny how that happened. We let Jade sleep in and then woke him up with cinnamon rolls and fruit for breakfast in bed. Peyton sang Jade a special Father's Day song that she learned (nothing too fancy- "There was a girl who loved her dad and daddy was his name-o. D-A-D-D-Y, D-A-D-D-Y, D-A-D-D-Y and daddy was his name-o" to the tune of BINGO). Then he got to go to all 3 hours of church without any interruptions, since Peyton was running a fever, so we kept her home. This also meant he got to go to Sunday family dinner and hang out with his brothers and dad without having to worry about Peyton, which I think was a nice treat for him.
Jade and I invited our friends Nick and Michelle to go to the Couples' Twilight Golf Match at our golf club. This month's theme was cowboy, so we took advantage of being able to wear denim on the golf course, and dressed up in our cowboy clothes. It was so much fun, even though our team did not play very well. I was surprised that for a team consisting of 2 really good golfers (the boys) and 2 golfers that weren't half bad (the girls) we only shot par in a scramble format. Too bad there wasn't a boobie prize- we probably would have won it.
And the most exciting thing that happened in June was that Peyton had her 3rd birthday! (More on that later.) All in all, it has been a fantastic month, and we're looking forward to another gorgeous Portland summer.
Peyton was so excited to give Jade his Father's Day breakfast and gifts.
Somehow poor Tinky always gets suckered into silly poses by Jade and Peyton (okay, and me)

At the park. My little girl never wants to get wet. I don't blame her- the water is way too cold when it's only in the 70's (or even 90's) outside.

That's a pretty steep hill. We were concerned at first, but decided to let her learn through trial and error. Surprisingly, she has not fallen once yet.
She makes me laugh so hard when she picks up her bike like this and walks with it.
Peyton got her first bouquet of flowers from a boy! Actually they were from a man, but no one creepy. The man who owns the local produce stand that we frequent was there one day when we were buying some produce, and he heard me talking to her. He asked her, "Is your name Peyton?" She said yes, and he said, "Peyton you look so pretty today, you deserve some pretty flowers." Then he gave her this gorgeous bouquet. It was so sweet, and it totally made her day. Then he told me that I should enjoy her while she's young, because his little girl is 21 now, and it goes by so fast. Very sage advice from my produce-guy. He's so right- it goes by WAY too fast.
And now some recent Peyton Funnies:
-She started holding my face when she has something important she needs to tell me.
-On June 10, she told me “I love you” for the first time without me saying it first. It absolutely melted my heart! She noticed pretty quickly that I love it when she says that, and when she gets in trouble or is about to get in trouble, she usually says “I love you!”
-She calls her baby sister Sally, and says that her baby sister is in her tummy.
-We were going through security at the airport and since she doesn’t have government ID, they usually just ask her her name. This particular TSA guy asked her who I was. She looked up at me and said, “I don’t know.” I was shocked. The lady behind me was also a mom, and said “don’t you just love the things they come up with?” I looked at Peyton and told her to tell him who I was. He let us through, but I was a little scared we weren’t going to make it to our plane.
-She insists on wearing dresses all the time, even when she’s riding her bike.
-I asked her where her baby sister is, and she told me she took her out of her belly at Uncle Justin’s house.
-You smell like tomatoes. I don’t like that.” (I hadn’t even eaten tomatoes)
-I was wearing something casual and Peyton said, “I don’t want you to wear that.” I asked her why, and she said “I want you to look fancy. I want you to wear jewelry.”
-We put her to sleep at Justin’s house after family dinner. Jeremy noticed she hadn’t gone to sleep when he was putting Brek to bed. He opened her door and she was standing straight up in her pack-and-play and she said, “my music is off.” He turned it back on and then put her back to bed. I had told her that she needed to go to bed or she couldn’t have a treat in the morning (mother of the year, I know). When we went home, I told her that Jeremy had told me she was awake, and that she wouldn’t be getting her treat. She said, “I wish Uncle Jer didn’t tell you that. I didn’t want him to tell you that.” So funny.
0 comments:
Post a Comment