We are in the midst of a VERY mild summer over here in Portland. I'm not thrilled about it, though maybe I should be grateful, since I'm pretty pregnant, and maybe excessive heat would make me cranky (though I doubt it). We have mostly overcast mornings until about 1 or 2pm, then it clears up and is warm-ish (high 70's or low 80's) until the sun goes down, at which point it becomes sweatshirt weather again. Anyway, it's at least warm enough for us to enjoy the outdoors a little bit. Jerai, Phil and Boyd came in town for our annual family camping trip, and we got to spend a lot of quality time with them. We had a family pool party, a birthday party for Jerai, Phil and myself (our adult-August birthdays) and Jade, Dad and Phil even got to play a round of golf. Good times. Also, Jade indulged my love of outdoor festival-type things, and went with me to a little party in the shopping center that's near our house. It was so fun! We didn't want to have to worry about parking, so we rode on the dirtbike- all 3 of us. Peyton was in the front, Jade drove, and I hung on back for dear life. We all had helmets, and we drove in the bike lane, so no one worry. We've been at the park a bunch and lots of outdoor play dates, which are always fun for both Peyton and me. Peyton took a break from gymnastics for the summer, but is doing another series of ballet classes from Miss Katie, which she loves, so that's fun too. We're looking forward to a few more fun weeks of summer (MUCH TOO SHORT!)
:
:
These 6 cousins were all born within 10 months of each other!

Peyton decided to lick all the frosting off the candles when she didn't think anyone was looking.


She's been doing this a lot lately, but I can't quite figure out what it is!

My friend Janet, and her daughter Arellia with Peyton and me at the festival


Precious Peyton

I caught this real-life moment of Jade and Tink cuddling. I think she thinks he's her husband and I'm just the maid or something.
2 comments:
Thanks for the posts! Love all the pictures, love you guys!
haha that last picture was funny. Also, funny that you got such a mild summer because I'm roasting over here in arizona. I'm sooo ready for it to cool down. We need to trade places for a couple weeks! :)
Post a Comment