Renaissance Fair
At the game
What a week! Jade was on business in Denver two weeks ago, then he came back and went on the elk hunt with his big brother. Unfortunately (and I use this term lightly) they didn't catch anything. Fortunately (and I use this term lightly too) there is a deer hunt this weekend, so maybe this time we'll get something. Last Wednesday Jade and I went to Vegas. We got in around 1am, then Jade left to go to Zion for a "work" camping/mountain biking/hiking outing. I spent Thursday and Friday with my momma and the kids, getting ready for Chaz's sweet 16 party. Friday Jade got back and there was a monster party at the Pettyjohn's. Approximately 60 of Chaz's closest friends came over for swimming, a jumping house, a jousting tournament, a strong-man striker machine, a fortune teller, a caricature artist, cotton candy, popcorn, nachos, brats and dessert. It turned out great. We only had a few minor problems: food in the pool, a hole burned in one of the pool chairs, and 2 girls in my brother's shower (NO, my brother was not involved). Anyway, thank goodness that is over! Saturday we went to the Renaissance Fair in Henderson. My mom, Cheyanne, and I dressed up, Jade and Chaz passed on the tights, and JC declined the invitation to come in the first place. It was cool, though I must say, it drew an odd crowd. I never knew "gothic" people enjoyed Shakespeare. I say no less than 3 couples that were sporting an "S and M" look: one partner had a leash in his hand that was connected to a spike collar around the neck of his partner. Yes, at least three different couples, no exaggeration. Saturday night we went to the BYU v. UNLV game, where we totally worked the #2 team in the conference, thank you very much. I know I have absolutely nothing to do with the victory, but that's beside the point. So the game was good. Sunday we laid out by the pool and barbecued some steaks. It's always hard to leave Las Vegas. It's been especially hard getting back to the routine. I ditched almost every class on Monday. I sometimes think breaks from school do me more harm than good!
0 comments:
Post a Comment