On Friday, Jade had to make a quick day-trip to Portland for work, so he decided to extend the trip by 20 hours and spend some time with his favorite guys in the world- his dad and brothers. The past 2 years they've been trying to arrange a trip to climb Mt. Hood, but both years they weren't able to do it for one reason or another, so Jade was way excited when he found out they were finally going to be able to do it this year. Everything went well during the hike, thank goodness, and the boys had a blast. I'm so glad he was able to do it, now maybe it's out of his system and he won't need to do it again (I know it's fun for him, but it's so dangerous- lots of people die climbing Mt. Hood every year). Anyway, I'm so glad they were safe and had a good time. Jade loves every minute he spends with them, and I always wish they could spend more time together. Also, can you believe his dad is 61? I don't know anyone close to that age that is in as good of shape as him... wait to show those young guys!
Climbing to the summit
In other news, I think I found something Peyton loves almost as much as the sunshine- her Peanut Shell. I wrote about it before, but she really can't get enough of it! I am now convinced that she loves it because it reminds her of the womb. I've been doing a lot of reading (of course), and they say the first few months of life are really like the "fourth trimester", and that for all intents and purposes, newborns are still fetuses. So that's my theory. Anyway, she loves the sling, and I love carrying her around so close to me. Plus, she looks darling in it. We had her 2 week checkup yesterday. She's regained all her birth weight, plus 4 ounces, so she's now 6lb 4 oz, which puts her in the 5th percentile for weight. She grew 3/4 of an inch, which makes her 19 3/4 inch long, and in the 28th percentile for height. The doctor said she looks perfect (like he needs to tell me that!) :)
Loving my Peanut Shell

Stink face- the face she makes when she's annoyed at us


Stink face- the face she makes when she's annoyed at us

That actually is how long she is, that's not just a bunch of fabric at the bottom
4 comments:
Ashton,
When I get "brain overload", I take a quick peek to see if there is anything new...and surprise, sometimes there is! It reminds me of being a little kid and going out to our "easter nests" (4 bricks with edges touching and cut grass in the middle, covered with one of my dad's mechanic rags....) in the back yard to see if the easter bunny left us a little treat around easter time! Great pics of the climb and great pics of Peyton, she is cute!
I miss stink face!!!! xoxox
Keep posting the pictures!! She is so cute--I can't get enough of her!!
She is so precious. I too loved my peanut shell. They love it too. I took Sadie to Disney World when she was 5 weeks old and she just hung out in it the whole time. She loved it.
Post a Comment