Our girls on the 4th of July
We've been busy the past week! On Wednesday, Peyton took her first road trip, up to Idaho for Jade's work. We also had another first- her first time on a golf course! We stopped in Pocatello on our way to Rexburg and played a round with my best friend Megan and her soon-to-be husband (2 weeks!) Ryan. We just put her car seat in the golf cart and she slept away. I'm pretty sure it was against a rule, but it was a public golf course, so no one said anything to us. Another first- Peyton's first professional athletic event. When we got back from Idaho, we went to the Minor League baseball game and watched the Orem Owls get stomped on by some other team. Peyton basically slept the entire time... Apparently baseball isn't her thing. For the 4th of July, Jade planned (in typical Jade fashion) an over the top scheme for us to watch the huge fireworks show at Stadium of Fire. Friday morning he drove his truck, with the 4 wheeler and bike, to the top of Squaw Peak, one of the mountains with a view of all Provo, parked his truck at the top, hid the 4 wheeler about halfway down the mountain, then he rode his bike home. When it was time for the show, the place was packed. They weren't even letting people drive past the halfway point up the mountain. So we 4-wheeled up to his truck that was backed into the best parking spot, where we could see everything. Jade put a mattress in the bed of the truck and blankets and pillows and we watched little fireworks that people were setting off in the Valley, as well as the 15 minute Stadium of Fire fireworks show. It was incredible, and we had the best seat in the house. My thoughtful guy even made a dutch oven dinner for us to eat after the show was over. Peyton was an angel, and she didn't even notice the fireworks. Being with my husband and baby was the best way to celebrate the 4th. We're so grateful to live in this beautiful country and enjoy so many freedoms. And, we really hope America doesn't ruin it by electing that Obama man. The past few days were the first Peyton has been really fussy, and I am exhausted! Now I know what they mean when they say sleep-deprived. I'm hoping it's just a phase and she'll go back to normal sometime soon, because this is not the baby I'm used to. I just wish my momma would come back and rescue me! Lastly, Jade had the championship softball tournament the past two days. Since it was double elimination and they were in the loser's bracket, on Monday they had a series of games, and if they won, they kept playing, if they lost, it was the end of the season. They ended up winning every game, so they had to play 4 games in a row! The last team they beat was the first place team, and they hadn't lost, so since it was a double elimination tournament, they played that team again last night. It was a great game, the guys played really well, but we lost by 3 runs. Jade played so well though, and even has a battle wound from sliding into home wearing just gym shorts. At least he scored the run!
2nd place is nothing to be ashamed of!
At the golf course
At the baseball game
Look at how she's sleeping- she wriggled out of her swaddling so she could have her hands by her face. We think she looks like a doll. A lady at the store came up to me last week and said "I've been watching you for awhile because I thought you were walking around with a doll- I can't believe that's a real baby. She's beautiful." Sweet and funny!
7 comments:
Ashton,
I love your blog! It is such a joy to get a peek into the "life and times..." of one of my favorite families. Thanks for doing such a great job on the posting and the fun stories you tell, makes me feel close to the action, even though I am not!:) Peyton is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to hold her! See you in just over a week! I love you guys!
your 4th of july sounds like it was amazing!!! i hope peyton is doing better. its no fun when they are super fussy..i love the pics and it was so nice to see you guys the other day!
Your blog is the cutest!! And you are sooo good at keeping up on things, i am still back in May...ah things are so crazy right now! I have stories for you about my invite woman, you should be getting yours soon(finally)!!! Anyway, i love you tons and miss you, your baby is beautiful and i can't wait to see you guys soon!!
That pretty much sounds like the best 4th of July EVER! It was fun to see you and Peyton yesterday. Thanks for bringing the fruit. It really helped me out a ton! We're going to miss you guys when we leave. We should all get together for dinner sometime this week!
didnt you just love those pics of jake and peyton? i have about 20 more, whats your email address? i'll send them over.
These are great pictures. What a little sweetie she is. She is a little peanut. Looks like you all are having lots of fun and a baby hasn't slowed you down one bit. You family is so cute.
I'm obsessed with your little nugget. I was working in childrens clothing yesterday and was tempted to buy her about a million things, including a yellow polka dot bikini. She could wear it to the pool underneath all her swaddling :)
Post a Comment