Thursday, July 24, 2008

What a blessing!

She can never resist making her stink face

I can hardly believe she's old enough, but Sunday was Peyton's blessing day! It was an amazing experience to hear my husband bless my daughter. It was so surreal. Jade gave such a sweet blessing, and I was able to record it and transcribe it, so now Peyton will have a copy of her blessing forever. What an incredible daddy/daughter bonding moment. We were so lucky that almost all of our family were able to come into town to be there. All we were missing from our immediate family was JaNea and Nipper and the boys (plus the triplets-to-be!). I cannot express in words how amazing that experience was, but it brings me to (happy) tears to think about it. It was a truly phenomenal day, and I'm so grateful that (almost) all the people I love were there to celebrate.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a special day:) It was nice to share it with you; seems like yesterday we were blessing Jade. We loved being with you and being able to meet and get to know our newest beautiful grandaughter, what a treat, thanks for having us and hanging out! we love you!

SUZANNE said...

What a beautiful baby, what a beautiful day! Thanks for sharing your special experience, I always enjoy reading about your cute family. Love you Bootie.

Sydney Marné said...

aww peyton is sooo cute in her blessing dress! little angel for suree :)

Morgan said...

She looks so beautiful! I love her dress! It sounds like it was a wonderful day! I'm so happy for you guys!

Kristie said...

how is little peyton doing these days?

Kate Brotherson said...

oh little sweet pea. she is precious. you better not leave before i get to see her!

Meg and Ryan said...

SHe's soo beautiful and so are you two!! One of the best looking families i have ever known!!! LOVE YOU!