Saturday, July 31, 2010

Boring Mommy Post (for my own nostalgic benefit)

Funny things Peyton has been saying and doing lately...

"Bunkies"- sprinkles

"Careful, mommy, careful"

"1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10"

"ab, ab, ab, abc, c, ab, e, e, e"

"1, 2, 3, pink, 6"

she calls everything that she likes "pink"

singing "happy birthday to you" totally unprompted, out of nowhere

whenever she is really bugged with me, because she wants something, she'll breathe in and say "mom [pause] please [pause]"

"hoed ju"- hold you (hold me)

burps, then says "I burp. Pardon me burp"

"tummy button"- belly button

"thank you. welcome" instead of just "thank you"

"Yay-dee gaga"- Lady Gaga

"I want one..."

sometimes calls us "Jade" and "Ash" (ie: "No, Jade, more fishies.") It's super fully, but we're trying really hard to break the habit.

When we pulled into the pharmacy drive-thru, and when they sent me back the prescription (in a white paper bag), Peyton said "French fries please, mom"

She loves to go through lists of all the people she knows. She's actually getting really good at names.

I tried to get her to trade in her binky for a fish. It almost worked, but she wasn't quite ready. Now we have a pink and purple betta fish named "pink binky" and a pink binky.

"I don't want that" or "I don't want it" every single time I do something she doesn't like. I guess it's better than whining or tantruming, but still.

Lately she's been stingy with hugs and kisses. I'll say "Can mommy have a kiss?" And she'll say "No." And I'll say "okay", and she'll say "ONE" and proceed to give me ONE kiss or hug. I should note that she never denies her daddy a hug or a kiss. And he always gets more than ONE.


New pet.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Those are too funny and cute! I love that she calls you by your first names sometimes :) Allie's new favorite phrase is "What are you doing?"

The Rees' said...

funny. the last picture doesn't even look like peyton. so grown up!

Kristie said...

I think that is my favorite part of this phase of life in our kiddos. They say the funniest things all day long! what a cutie :)

Thelin Family said...

I need to do a better job of writing things down. That is it I am logging of the blog and writing in my journal. Thanks for the post. I love Pey, I would take her as my own :)