Thursday, July 1, 2010

Whirlwind Month

Where did June go? It always feels like summer months go by so much more quickly than winter months. Why is that? We are finally back home from our Utah-Vegas-Utah-Vegas trip. It was a really great (and busy) month. After I posted last, my mom went to Paris for her friends' wedding (the bride is from France, and they got married in a castle. Literally.) While she was packing, Peyton was getting really sad because she realized my mom was leaving. She kept saying "I go" and "Noni, no". She disappeared for a minute and came back with an armful of her clothes and started packing them in my mom's bag. It was so cute and a little sad. I was in charge of the house and dogs and kids. Surprisingly enough, it was actually really relaxing. The house and dogs parts were easy, and the kids are pretty self-sufficient. Every day while Peyton napped, I laid in the sun and read, taking a dip in the pool when necessary to cool down. It was awesome. I love vacations. Peyton loved swimming, and especially loved jumping into the pool (into my arms). She thought that was about the greatest thing ever. We went on several play-dates and basically just hung out outside, enjoying the sunshine and heat (in Portland, they have had record rainfall for the month of June)(side note- it's July 1st and today it rained almost all day and was super cold. I'm wearing jeans and a sweater. What the heck?) Last Thursday we drove up to Utah. We got to see one of my old young women's leaders/wedding, maternity and baby photographer/oldest family friends, Candace, and her little cutie, Sienna. Peyton loved Sienna, and especially Sienna's trampoline and blueberries. In Utah we stayed with some of our best friends from our old neighborhood, Tristen and Dan. We went to dinner with some of our friends from our old ward (the Brigmans, the Grays and Hubers) one night to Texas Roadhouse, which was delicious. I got to go to Steph and Rawlin's sealing in the Salt Lake temple, which was really nice, and their reception turned out beautiful! Since I was Steph's maid of honor, I brought along Cheyanne to babysit Peyton, which actually worked out quite nicely, and I was able to enjoy most of the festivities. Peyton had an absolute ball at the wedding. I think she thought it was her party, because she just floated around like she was running the show. She loves Steph's parents and calls them "Grandma" and "Grandpa", and she wanted to be held by one of them, or one of Steph's sisters, or Steph or Rawlin the whole time. During the bride and groom's first dance, I had to take Peyton away from the crowd because she kept yelling "Stephy, UP" wanting Steph to hold her. She loved seeing Steph throw the bouquet, and every time she got her hands on my bouquet, she would throw it up just like she had seen Steph do. It was pretty funny! She also loved the fireworks at the end of the reception. She kept saying "mommy, POP, Stephy, POP." She still is talking about them to this day. We drove home Sunday, just in time to pick my mom up from the airport. Peyton was overjoyed to see her Noni. We flew home Tuesday afternoon, and with a few tears from both of us, said goodbye to our family, friends, and the heat and sunshine in Las Vegas. It's been great to be home. Peyton about died when she saw Tinky (and she was pretty happy to see Jade, too). Tink was really excited to see both of us, which actually surprised me a little because while I know she loves me, she is quite partial toward Jade. It made me feel pretty good to know she missed me, because though you non-dog-lovers out there won't understand, I missed that girl so much! Peyton and I are settling back into the routine of home, and though it's always so hard for me to leave my Vegas-home, it's really good to be back to my home-home.
:
:
This is basically the gist of our days in Las Vegas
Peyton loved spending time with her favorite "girlfriend" Aunt Jamie (and Auntie Buttons in the back)Being a big dare-devil at the parkI think she thought those flowers were hers

She wouldn't take my shoes off the whole night

...Except to jump on the tramp

She was so happy to be around Steph. I asked her if Steph was a princess and she said "YES! Pink!"

Throwing her bouquet

She is a really good (and fast) little climber. I turned my back for one second, and she had climbed onto the tall nightstand to talk on the phone.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the peak into the month we missed you! glad you girls had a great time....and thanks for bringing the vegas sun with you, although it is trailing behind, supposed to be in the 90's next week....can't wait. Now that the Townhouse craziness is hopefully behind, things can get back on track! Welcome home!