Today Peyton and I went to a parade with Grandma, Gabe, and Sam (and Grandpa, but he made a sacrifice and stayed in the car because there was nowhere to park). It was so fun! Peyton loved every minute of it- she just stood there and waved and jumped up and down. She was having a blast. She danced when any floats with music or a band walked by, and she was absolutely mesmerized by the fancy horses. She was so excited about the candy too. Any time someone would throw candy by us, Peyton would sprint to get it. Luckily her cousins were really patient with her and let her pick up lots of it. A few times she actually ran out in the middle of the parade on her quest for candy. 2 year olds can be quite fast when they have the proper motivation. Several of the candy-passer-outers stopped by to give Peyton candy right in her hand or in her bag, which was so nice. She felt like that whole parade was for her. It was really cute. Then we came home, and after nap Peyton had a babysitter come over so that Jade and I could go out with the Comcast guys and their wives to "Rock the Range"- an event over at the golf course. Well, we were there for about 2 hours, and it was just starting to get fun when Jade got a phone call from the babysitter's dad. Our carbon monoxide detectors were going off in the house! Our poor babysitter (who luckily lives right next door) took Tink and Peyton over to her house and had her dad go over to our house to check things out. Jade got off the phone with him and said to his friends "Well, guys, what do you want to do now?" I was like "Uh- go home!" Typical guy. Eventually Jade decided it was indeed a good idea for us to go home, and so we did. And when we got home, guess what we saw... A firetruck. With 3 firemen. I was grateful, but embarrassed, and a little amused. Luckily there wasn't any carbon monoxide, just a short in the wiring of the detectors. Anyway, it was a pretty eventful night, and I can never resist doing a post.
:
:
She wouldn't turn away from the parade for me to get a picture

Cheering on some float. That face is pretty special.
She just plopped down on the ground and started digging in her candy
Documentation:
4 comments:
Wow you're not kidding! That was an eventful day! How fun to take the kiddos to a parade. And I love Peyton's little 4th of July outfit! She's too cute. See you guys soon!
HAHA, i love Peyton's face in all of these pics, and obviously i'm obsessed with her outfit! LOVE YOU!!
Looks like a fun day. I am about 4th of July'd out now. Is it b/c it was on a Sunday that I feel like we've been celebrating for four days straight? I am a little burned out! Peyton's happy to see candy face is hilarious. Fun pictures. Haven't seen you in forever, glad you are back!
We haven't taken Jake to a parade yet--these pictures make me excited to do it sometime!
Post a Comment