We are in full Christmas mode around here, and I am loving every minute of it! My girlfriend Jaime and I took Peyton and her buddy Brooklyn to go see Santa at the mall. It's been the same Santa for 3 years now, so I was really picky about wanting it to be him and not another Santa. Why am I so neurotic? Jade and I tried to take her one day after Jade's work, and the line was between 2 and 2 1/2 hours long (the elf's estimation, not ours). So Jaime and I went right when the mall opened, and ended up only waiting about 20 minutes. I knew I might have trouble with my opinionated 2 1/2 year old, so I had taken Peyton on a trial run the week before, at a much smaller shopping center. Peyton took one look at him and said "No. I don't want to see him. I don't like him. No." I told her to watch some other kids (luckily all of them liked Santa). She still wouldn't budge. So I told she didn't have to talk to him, or sit on his lap, but she had to walk by him and give him a high-5. So I walked/dragged her by Santa and told him "Peyton isn't ready to sit on your lap and talk yet, but she wanted to give you a high-5." He gave her a high-5 and asked her her name. She answered. He said "Wow- what a beautiful name." Peyton smiled and said "thank you". Santa told her "You have such beautiful long hair" and at this point Peyton decided she liked Santa. She said "Like Abbie (favorite person in the world/babysitter with long hair) and Non (my mom, also long hair)." Since that genius trial run, Peyton had been excited to see Santa, sit on his lap, talk to him and get a candy cane. She did great, though she didn't smile for the camera (she was totally happy when she was talking to Santa, but as soon as that elf started snapping pictures, she went stone-faced). Peyton told him her name, said "that's Santa", told him she'd give me lots of hugs and kisses ans listen to me, and that she wants baby dollies for Christmas. After their visits with Santa, we changed the girls out of their fancy dresses and rewarded them with a trip to the play area. Peyton's last Tiny Tutus class of the year was last week. Peyton and I had so much fun this fall that we'll be doing it again in January. I loved watching her dance every week. We had a Christmas party for my playgroup. It was so fun! And we did our annual family Christmas service project. It turned out great, the kids really got into it this year, and were full of the spirit of giving. It was touching to see them be so excited to help a family out. Jade's still in his cast, but will probably be changed to a walking cast in the next few days. I can't wait (and I know Jade can't wait either).
:
:
Peyton absolutely loves Brooklyn, though you might not be able to tell from this picture. Really Peyton just didn't want me to have my camera out.
This is how I know she didn't want me to have my camera out:
Happy, but unsmiling.
Peyton always wants to ride these lame things at the mall. Since she did such a good job with Santa and was so patient waiting in line, I let her ride one. She thought it was pretty amazing.
Peyton loves special attention (I think it's because she's an only child). At church, in nursery, she's always vying for the teacher's attention, and at dance she's no different. She took Miss Katie by the hand and asked her to stretch with her. Pretty cute.
This was not part of class.
Peyton and the wonderful Miss Katie
Some of the girls from Tiny Tutus
At our playgroup Christmas party. So fun!
Moms and kids from playgroup
The older kids and Jeremy hiding after delivering Christmas gifts to a special family. It kind of looks like it's snowing. Don't be fooled, it's just rain.
Peyton always wants to ride these lame things at the mall. Since she did such a good job with Santa and was so patient waiting in line, I let her ride one. She thought it was pretty amazing.
Moms and kids from playgroup
The older kids and Jeremy hiding after delivering Christmas gifts to a special family. It kind of looks like it's snowing. Don't be fooled, it's just rain.
3 comments:
Oh, I love the tutu and the Santa pics are soo adorable. Peyton is getting SO big, I can't believe it! When I met you at the beach that day, she was brand new! Crazy how fast time flies. Okay cute girl, time for a girls night? soon?
Oh what a fun beginning to your Christmas season!! I swear Peyton is just growing like crazy:) Love and miss you guys!
Love the post and my cute little grand daughter....love her wanting to play with our wallets and looking for the "money"....she gets cuter everday!
Post a Comment