Sunday, December 5, 2010

Our Week. (Picture heavy because I am suffering from a bout of indecision)

Well, things are still not back to normal around here. Jade had withdrawals from all the pain medicine Monday-Wednesday and only started feeling decent Wednesday afternoon. And then Thursday morning he had a pretty major ankle surgery. So he's in a cast, with crutches and a scooter. He's non weight-bearing, which means for 2 weeks he can't put any weight on his right leg at all. He's actually doing really well; he isn't even taking pain medication. He says after the kidney stone, his ankle surgery doesn't even really hurt him, just that the cast is pretty annoying. Peyton is a little out of sorts; she's ready to have her daddy back. Wednesday night we decided to get a Christmas tree because we knew Jade wouldn't be able to make it happen after the surgery. So we went to 2 tree farms and they were both closed on weekdays. So sad. We ended up just buying one in a grocery store parking lot. It's not the same as getting to pick one and cut it yourself! The tree is great though, my house smells like Christmas, and the nice man from the parking lot even gave Peyton a little tree of her very own. She had the best time decorating it with her ornaments ("like at non's"- when she helped my mom decorate her tree). She checks on it several times a day, and is really happy to tell anyone who comes over that "this is my tree". Also, I got released from my calling as Activity Days leader. I knew it was coming because I had been in the calling for 2 years, but I was so sad to be released. I had such a fun time with my girls! The timing is funny, because this month I am losing my last original girl (they are in my class from when they turn 8 until they turn 10, when they move up to the next class). It's been a pleasure to be their leader. The good news is- I won't have to miss them really at all. I was called to be the 2nd Counselor in the Primary Presidency, so I will get to see them every week in Primary! I'm actually thrilled about my calling, and I am working with some seriously awesome people. Good news all around.
Peyton is still doing Tiny Tutus. I really wanted a picture but she refuses to do anything in front of the camera. Her favorite people- the Bantons had brought her back a sucker from their trip to Disneyland, so when we got home, I gave it to her and started taking pictures while she was occupied.

She actually agreed to do a turn for me. Shocker. I think she was just doing whatever I said so I wouldn't try and take her sucker away from her.

This is the usual pose I get when trying to take her picture. Peyton, decorating her tree. Notice how that Santa is about to be the 3rd ornament to go on that branch.Very serious little girl.Every time I try to take her picture, she either runs (see above) or covers her face/mouth with her hands.The finished product (it's in a baking pan because it's on carpet and I didn't want it to be able to tip over). My mom asked me if I was going to re-do the ornaments (knowing how OCD I am). To be honest, I was tempted at first to space them out all nice and evenly, but then I remembered that it was HER tree. So I restrained myself.MY tree. She helped decorate this one too. The bottom layer.My girliesJade loves anesthesia.Crazy picture of his foot, right? They put blue stuff all over his leg (I think it's an anti-biotic). It made him look like he had a dead leg.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved to see you yesterday! Love Peyton's little tree! Glad Jade is doing so well!

The Rees' said...

Glad he's "some what" feeling back to normal.. poor guy. P.. you are a trip, my dear. The things you say and do... you and Harli need your own comedy show. I can see it on Disney.. right. now. I know you two will be best buds. Merry Christmas Thelins! P.S. Super cute picture {card}.

Meg and Ryan said...

OH my gosh, it is not Jade's month, is it? You are going to love your new calling!! My mom absolutely loved primary:-) And i'm glad you put lots of pics of Peyton up; i cannot believe how long her hair is getting!! I love her tutu, tell her her tree is cute, love Aunt Meg!!

Kristie said...

Jake has a mini tree too!!! his ornaments are all in clumps too :) I definitely had to restrain myself from straightening them out :) Rough month for jade huh? i hope he is up and kickin again soon. and congrats on the new calling :)

Chelsea said...

Ahh!! I didn't know ankle surgery was on your list of holiday fun as well! Talk about a rough stretch for you guys! I love the mini tree, I am proud of you for not rearranging, that is SOO hard for me too! Let's get together soon! Been too long.

Sabine Schindler said...

I'm glad Jade is doing better! I love Peyton's ballet outfit! She is tooo cute!! And her decorating her own little Christmas tree!! :o)
Miss you guys!