Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Funny Peyton (October- December)

She has a "tell"... Whenever she's doing something naughty and I call her, she'll call back "noooo". I catch her every time. Also if she's doing something naughty and she thinks I'm about to catch her (even if I am nowhere near her), she'll start saying "yes, mommy, okay mommy," over and over. That's my dead giveaway that I need to go check on her.

"I'm funny" or "Peyton's funny" (Usually when she's doing something naughty, not funny)


"Holy Crap" (She's only said it once or twice, but I guess I should stop saying that)


One morning I showed her the fog out our window. That whole morning she kept talking about "ribbons", and I had no idea what she was talking about. Finally I realized she was calling the fog "ribbons". Clever.

We had our first toilet incident. Peyton was letting her "baby dolly" go pee-pee on the potty, and decided to let her go for a swim. I don't know how we've gone this long without other things going in the potty, but I'm really hoping it won't become a habit.

"Hey. Whats up?"


"What happened?"


She's starting to pray now with our help. It's really cute, especially when halfway through the meal she stops eating, folds her arms, and starts to pray by herself. Usually it's along the lines of "Father. Bless. Thank you. Daddy. Mommy. Tinky. AMEN."

"Mommy there's no pee-pee on my vulva" (After waking up with a dry pull-up)

I gave her some Crystal Light in her sippy cup. She came walking over to me after she drank it and said "It's very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very..." I think she lost track of her words because she paused and gathered her thoughts, then said "It's very, very, very- good." Very cute.

While decorating the Christmas tree, I let her have hot chocolate. She chugged it, then cleaned the sides of the cup with her hands and licked off the drops. She looked at me and inhaled deeply and said "I LOVE HOT CHOCOLATE!"



She's been going through this phase where she calls everything "little". "Little tree", "little house", "little car", "little kid". Most of the things aren't little at all. At the store, she was curiously watching an average sized guy stock shelves. She (loudly) asked me "mom, what's the little man doing?" I cringed. Luckily he was nice enough to pretend not to have heard.

She's been calling us by our first names a lot lately. "Ashton look what I found." "Ashton I'm done!" I always say "mommy" and repeat the question, and she'll repeat it with "mommy", but a few minutes later she's back to calling me "Ashton". Maybe Jade and I need to start doing that really disgusting thing where we call each other "mommy" and "daddy". I've never appreciated a woman saying to her husband "okay, daddy, what do you want for lunch", etc. Too weird, but maybe it would get my kid to get the hint.


In the car with Jade and I, she said something she wasn't supposed to say (I can't even remember what it was now, "pick your nose" maybe), and Jade turned it into "sloppy joes" and Peyton didn't like that- she said "Stop it." "Stop it right now." I have never had to try that hard not to laugh.


Later that same night, I was talking on the phone to my mom and she was telling me a story. I said "That's so funny!" Peyton was in the room with me and she said out of nowhere "It's not funny." And that was funny.


To grandpa, looking through his wallet: "Grandpa, where's the monies?" Grandpa showed her where he keeps his cash. Peyton: "Can I have it please the monies?"

When we tell her something she doesn't like, she'll say "ST-OP IT" in a loud, whiny voice. It's pretty funny, though rest assured we are working on it.

0 comments: