I can hardly believe it, but Jade and I had our 5 year anniversary on Wednesday! Jade was in Seattle working (he did ask to make sure it wouldn't devastate me if we postponed it), so we celebrated it this weekend. It was worth the wait! Jade arranged for grandma to stay the night with Peyton [thanks, mom!!], and he booked us a hotel room in downtown Portland. We stayed at a place I had never heard of, called The Nines. It was the cutest hotel I've ever been in. It was swanky and boutique-y. Darling. Everything was black, silver and turquoise. The fixtures were all crystal, and the wallpaper was damask. They are booked solid almost every day of the year, and I could definitely tell why. Jade splurged and booked us a room on their club-level, so we had access to their club lounge, which was basically just a lounge with an open bar with servers, and breakfast, a lunchtime snack, hors d'oeuvres before dinner, and desserts from 8pm-on. We definitely took advantage of all the food (and I took advantage of the bottled root beer and cream soda- weird pregnancy cravings). Jade had the club concierge deliver a bottle of sparkling cider and some chocolate-covered strawberries while we were on the rooftop terrace, checking out the gorgeous view of downtown Portland and the river. We ate dinner at "our" restaurant, Macaroni Grill, which is where we had our first date. It was delicious, and fun to reminisce. Jade said he couldn't find a present he thought I would like [which is crazy because I think I'm really easy to shop for], so after dinner and also after breakfast the next morning, he took me shopping at Pioneer Place, which is the nice mall downtown for some guilt-free shopping! I loved it, and Jade didn't complain about being bored off his rocker one single time. It truly was a GREAT anniversary, and I'm so grateful to Jade for making it so special for me (he really could not care less if we stayed at The Nines, or Best Western). I feel so lucky to be married to such a great man, and I can hardly believe it's been 5 years! I say that every year I think, but really... time flies. It's been a fantastic year, and our toast was to each year getting better and better!
:
:
Our only picture. Oops.

I usually don't post pictures without people in them, but I wanted to see if I could capture the cuteness of our hotel. The pictures don't nearly do it justice.

1 comments:
happy 5! I remember talking to Megan and Kristen on the phone when they were at your wedding and I hadn't met you yet. They were like, "you should just come, you are going to like her when you meet her." lol.
Post a Comment