Saturday, October 22, 2011

Week 3 (someday I'll stop measuring my life in weeks)

I am so grateful for my wonderful support network of family and friends. Seriously. Going from 0 kids to 1 was really no big deal for me. Sure, it was a little bit of an adjustment, but I pretty much went back to normal life as soon as I got home from the hospital. Going from 1 kid to 2 is really giving me a run for my money. I still am not 100% sure how to be a great mom to 2 people at once. I have a new respect for women with multiple children! This week we haven't done too much (I'm sure this will be the case for awhile). Peyton has thankfully been kept busy with preschool and gymnastics, so Piper and I have actually been able to run a couple errands.
Also, on the 18th, we had Piper's 2 1/2 week checkup. My little chubby bubby weighed in at 8lb. 5oz., which puts her in the 44th percentile! She's 21 1/4 in. tall, which puts her in the 85th percentile for height! I can't believe how big she is! I know she isn't "that" big, but to me she seems huge! I just am not used to having a normal sized baby. It makes her seem older to me, which is sad. Dr. Moshofsky was really surprised by how alert and strong she is. He said she's much more alert than average for her age. I thought that might be the case, because I remember Peyton being so "new" still at 2 1/2 weeks, and Piper already seems older. The doctor pronounced her a keeper, and said everything looks great. Now we'll just work on getting at least 4 consecutive hours of sleep at night, and things will be much more promising.
:
:
Uncle Nipper and Piper took a little nap together.
Tinky makes me smile
Piper's umbilical cord stump finally fell off (finally- she's over 2 weeks old!) so we were able to give her her first real bath. Peyton couldn't resist the chance to "help".
Having a newborn makes Peyton seem enormous to me. Time seriously flies.

1 comments:

Jerai Moulton said...

I'm loving reading all your new blogs posts and catching up on what you have been up to!! I love that Peyton is in the bath with piper. And I've heard that having a new born makes your other kids seem so much older. I'm not looking forward to that since I already feel like Boyd is so big!