Saturday, June 16, 2012

Peyton's 4 Year Letter


My Precious [Precocious] Peyton,
Happy birthday! You are now 4 years old, going on 14! You have grown up so much in the last year. This year I’ve realized that you are so much like me. I guess that’s because we spend so much time together. Sometimes you’ll do something or say something, and I just think, “WOW, she’s so my daughter.”
This year you became a big sister, and for the most part, you’ve filled the role perfectly. You are your sister’s very favorite person. You’ve learned so much from experiences and school, but what I’m most excited about is how much you’ve learned about Heavenly Father and Jesus. I’ve seen your little testimony develop so much over these past 12 months. It makes me so happy to hear you say your sweet prayers and make comments in Primary or at home when we’re having Family Home Evening or reading the Scriptures.
You spend a lot of time with me, but you also started PRESCHOOL this year! And you have been taking gymnastics, tap and ballet as well. My favorite thing to do with you is to sing and dance together. I love when you help me cook dinner, and I really love when you come into bed with me in the morning and snuggle while I nurse Piper.
Your favorite things to eat for breakfast are Swedish pancakes and omelets that you make with your daddy on Sunday mornings. For lunch, you love grilled cheese sandwiches with a little Parmesan cheese added to the cheddar, and NO CRUST! For dinner, you like deconstructed salad, without lettuce or dressing. Basically you just like your veggies cut up and served side-by-side but not mixed. You don’t like any sauces or creams on things. You really like chicken and beef, and you love all fruit. You like snack foods- you’re always asking for a granola bar and a box of chocolate milk. Your absolute favorite thing is dessert or treats of any kind- especially doughnuts with sprinkles.
You really love to play dolls. You have two favorite dolls; one is Jennifer and one is Karla. You are so sweet with them. You pack them diaper bags and feed them and swaddle them and bounce them to sleep. I absolutely love watching you “mother” them because it reminds me how sweet and nurturing you are. You also love to play with your makeup and purses. Anywhere we go, you bring a purse full of makeup.
Every single day you make me laugh. You are so funny, and you hardly ever stop talking and asking questions. I think that’s why you are so smart. People can’t believe you’re only 3. You even speak like a grown-up. You love to laugh and every day when you are going somewhere (like up or down the stairs), you’ll yell, “Don’t hiney-bugs me!”, “You will?” Then I’ll run after you and try to pinch your little bottom and say, “hiney bugs, hiney bugs!”
The thing you get in trouble for most is for being sassy. You have to go to your room and come out talking to me in a more respectful way. Sometimes it takes a few tries, but you always make the right choice in the end. You are very quick to ask forgiveness when you do something wrong, and I admire that about you.
You still don’t really like to watch TV or movies, but when we’re running errands you will watch things on my phone. You like the show “Wonder Pets” and you love to watch the church videos. Recently you saw the Rapunzel movie, “Tangled” with a babysitter, and you really like that one, but you’re scared of the “old lady” who is the villain in the movie, so you don’t like to watch the parts with her in them. You even have had a couple bad dreams with the old lady, Mother Gothel, but I just keep reminding you that she’s not really scary; she’s just stinky! That seems to help a lot. You don’t like any of the Villains from the Disney movies, so you usually don’t want to watch them even though you absolutely love the Princesses.
One thing I am excited to do with you is go to Disneyland again. We had such a great time when we went this year. You loved it! It was magical to you, which made it magical for daddy and I. I just love spending time with you.
You still love to sleep, and mommy is grateful for that. You go to bed around 7-7:30 and sleep until about 7. Sometimes you wake up before that, but you have a special clock in your room that turns color when you’re allowed to get up, so if you wake up early you can just read quietly in your room. You even still take naps, though you never want to. But if I let you stay up without napping, you are super cranky, so I know you still need a little nap every day. At night we usually take a bath (you always ask to do bath paints), then braid your hair, brush your teeth, read a book, read one page in the Book of Mormon, then say a prayer and tuck you in. You finally got rid of your binky this year, but you still have your little face blankies that you like to sleep with, as well as your lullaby CD. If you ever get really upset, rocking with mommy and holding your blankies really helps you calm down.
Your room is pink and green, with white furniture and a rocking chair that we borrowed from Aunt JaNea since you missed having your old rocking chair when I had Piper and moved it into the nursery. You keep your room incredibly tidy.
You don’t really love to color or draw, but you do love to do crafts with mommy, or as we call them, “projects”. You collect little things like the punched holes from a hole-punch. You love to read, and I love reading books with you because you ask great questions. Your recent favorite books are “The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh”, “The Baby’s Storybook” (with classic fables like Red Riding Hood, Goldilocks and The Little Red Hen) and “Illustrated Stories from the Book of Mormon”.
One of your best characteristics is how diligent you are. You want to do everything in just the right way, and you can be very patient when trying to learn something new. You taught yourself to blow a bubble with bubble gum and also to snap. Those are really big accomplishments for a 3-year old! You are also very conscientious, and very kind. You want to make sure that everyone is happy, and you are very thoughtful of others.
You are an absolute joy to be around. You are so charming and funny and sweet. You have a captivating personality, and it is impossible for someone to be around you and not fall in love with you. You are so smart, and most importantly, you have started to develop an amazing testimony of our Savior. I love hearing your prayers- they are so grown up, and I love hearing you talk about Jesus. I am so incredibly proud of you, and I am beyond grateful to be your mommy. I love you. (“All of it!”)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox mommy

0 comments: