(how cute are they!)
Let me preface this post by saying that last April, Jade, Jerai, Phil and I all went camping up Hobble Creek Canyon. It was a really fun trip, up until about 5 in the morning, when we all woke up soaked. Literally soaked. When we went to sleep, the sky was clear, so neither of us put our rain shields on our tents, and when the rain started, it was just a sprinkle, but by the time we got the rain covers up, we were soaked through. Even our sleeping bags were dripping. This year, to celebrate Memorial Day, Jade and I decided we wanted to go camping again with our favorite couple, Jerai and Phil (and Remy!). Jerai and I are both pregnant, but neither one of us is having a rough pregnancy or super-uncomfortable, so we decided it would be really fun, and we left for the same campsite up Hobble Creek Canyon. This time, the road was closed, so we unpacked Phil's truck and 4-wheeled in. We set up camp and the girls played and played and we ate dinner and dessert and had such a great time. This time we were extra cautious and put on our rain covers, even though the skies were mostly clear. Lo and behold, 3 am(ish) hits, and what do our little ears hear? The plink, plink, plink of raindrops. We waited in our tents for the next couple hours, hoping the rain would stop, but it didn't. Fortunately we stayed completely dry this time. Around 8 we realized the campout was officially over, and we packed up and headed back. We got soaked on the 4-wheel ride, but warmed right up in the truck. So we all went home, a little sad our fun was ruined. We ended up unpacking and taking a long nap, then going to dinner at Tucanos and to see Indiana Jones instead. That was almost as fun as camping! Now we're back to work. Jade went to Portland until Saturday or Sunday. He's working all week, then Saturday he and his dad and brothers are going to climb Mt. Hood (weather permitting)! As much as I want him to come home early, I really hope they're able to climb Mt. Hood this year, since last year they couldn't because of weather. I hope he's able to go spend quality time with his best friends, even though I selfishly miss him (I'd blame it on the pregnancy-hormones, but I'm like this all the time). Also, I have to write about my favorite baby gift that I received this week... My girlfriend/co-worker Kelsey went to Vegas and came back with a ruffle-y yellow Juicy Couture baby bikini!! It's so darling. The picture doesn't do it justice. I can't wait to see my little princess in her designer swim-suit!! Thanks Kels! 

3 comments:
Oh my stars! That is the cutest tiny weenie yellow polka dot bikini I've ever seen! Love it!
Hey Ashton! Congratulations on being pregnant and having a girl! That's so exciting! I love the bikini, it's adorable. I can't wait till we find out what we are having. We should definitly get together with our new babies! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
such a funny camping story. also, i love the baby swim suit. she is going to be so precious in that. you might have to take a speical trip to hawaii so she can wear it.
Post a Comment