It's been a busy weekend for us! My family came up on Friday, and we had so much going on! Friday night, my best friend Megan threw me a baby shower for all my Utah girlfriends. It was so much fun. I love games, and we played 3 of the cutest, funniest shower games I've ever heard of. First we guessed the size of my belly. Some of my friends were too nice, the others were really mean! I couldn't believe how big some of you thought I was! It's okay, no hard feelings. I definitely look pregnant now! Then we played the most gross but fun game I've ever heard of. Megan melted candy bars in diapers to look like #2, and we had to guess which #2 belonged to which candy. Congratulations to Julie and Jessica who guessed every one right! The last game was so funny. Megan blindfolded me and Jerai, and we had to eat baby food and guess which was which. Megan was really nice and didn't give us any really gross flavors like meat or pasta, but we did get carrots and peas, along with different fruits, which surprisingly weren't too bad. Jerai and I both kinda sucked at that game. I only got one right, and she only got 2 1/2 right. Anyway, the shower was so fun, and I had such a great time with my girlfriends. Saturday morning my mom, Cheyanne, and I went to Salt Lake for the shower that my mom's mom threw me, for all of my Great Aunts and second cousins and their kids. It was really nice! We just had a little luncheon and visited and it was great catchung up with everyone. Then we headed right back down to Orem for my final baby shower, thrown with love by Cathy, Kristy, and Myrtes, 3 ladies in my ward. It was an open house, so for a couple of hours, different ladies from the ward came by and we visited and had such a nice time. Saturday night we had a couple of neighbors over for a s'mores party in our backyard with our fire pit. It was such a fun (and busy) day. Today was Mother's Day, so we went to church, then to Mother's Day brunch at Mimi's with my mom and the kids. I really hate that they live so far away. Well, I know "far" is a relative term, but I wish more than anything that they lived closer, like maybe in the same town, or on the same street. It was so nice having them here, and so much fun. I hate saying goodbye when they leave. It was hard to say goodbye today when they left, even though I'll be seeing them on Thursday, when we go to Las Vegas. I love you guys!
Baby food. It must've been hilarious to watch.
Me and my hostess.
Megan Ash and Steph
0 comments:
Post a Comment