Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Our backyard


Just when I thought I was done with snow... Today it snowed. Dumped, more like it. We woke up this morning to find an inch of snow, and more on its way. It snowed all day, literally. This was unusual for Portland, because usually it only snows once or twice a year, and when it does, the temperature is only boarderline freezing, so it's super wet, and only brief. Well, I must have brought Utah back with me, because it is in the -teen's and twenties, windy and DRY. The roads were so dangerous that they even cancelled church. Our Bishop let everyone have Sacrament Meeting in their own homes, so we had our own little meeting, and it was a really cool experience. I should add that Tink was so happy when she saw the snow! She didn't realize what it was at first, then memories of last winter came back to her, and she played in the snow until she was shaking and had icicles in her whiskers. My little snow bunny.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snow Days are like a gift from Heaven....but the gift should be gone in a day or two! You picked the right time to go the where it is warm and sunny! I'm ready for the ordinary rain again:) Glad Tinky had fun, what did Peyton think?

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! I mean I expect Utah to get snow but not so much Portland. Dang it. I wish it at least would have waited a couple weeks for me to get there! Will I ever see snow this year?

Jerai Moulton said...

Remy loves the snow too! This morning she started doing laps in the backyard only to eat it and fall right on her face. When she got up she had snow on her eye brows and nose! If only we could get those two together again...maybe one day!

Kristie said...

jake doesnt like playing in the snow yet so much.. last weekend we had our first big snow and we went outside to investigate--he seemed very concerned about all the little flakes and debated for quite sometime about them. he likes looking out the window from our warm house at them tho!

Sydney Marné said...

hahahahaha i can totally see jake looking out that window. what a weirdo...i mean i love him. also i love hearing about tink and remy's reaction to the snow. it makes me miss aspen soo MUCH. I can't wait to see her in 3 days!!!

Anonymous said...

We just got some snow, but not as much as you have. I admit to hating the snow, I could do without it.

Meg and Ryan said...

Snow LOVES you, hahaa, aren't snow days amazing!?? It's been snowing for the past week here, i love it, but the roads are horrendous!! I love and miss you tons, btw your Christmas card was darling!!!