Thursday, April 26, 2012

Since we've been back

When we got back from Vegas, it took me about a week to feel like I had everything together. Unpacking was a nightmare, and we had so much to catch up on. Peyton started her new term of gymnastics and ballet, and now she's doing tap! She loved tap- I think even more than gym. We had Piper's 6 month well-baby checkup. I can't believe my baby is 6 months old! Time sure goes by fast.  Here are her stats:
Height- 27" (82nd percentile)
Weight- 14.15ob. (20th percentile)
Head Circumference- 44cm (82nd percentile)
She is ahead of the game a little, as far as physical development goes. She inherited that from her daddy, who reached all his physical milestones early. She is almost crawling forwards (she can already crawl backwards). She also does this cute little thing where she gets up on her hands and toes and rocks back and forth. It's like scooting; en pointe (for all you dancers out there). 
Even though we had just gotten back from a really long trip the week before, I decided it would be fun to tag along with Jade on a business trip that he was taking to Bend, OR. We packed our family up at 4:30 on Monday morning and headed out East. Peyton's old best friend, Peyton J, and her family moved out there in the beginning of the year, so we thought it would be fun to go stay with them for a couple days. The girls were SO excited to see each other! Monday we spent the morning catching up, then took the girls to an awesome park to play and enjoy the 75 degree afternoon. It was fun, but WOW, am I glad that I only have 2 kids under 4, and not 4 kids under 4. That was hard! Tuesday morning we took the girls to my friend Brittney's mom's house. They went on a 4-wheeler ride with Peyton J's grandpa and were able to feed and brush their horse, Nala. Peyton loved it! I wish I could raise my kids around horses. We even put a pad on Nala and led the girls around for a little ride. It was the highlight of the trip for Peyton. After a nice long nap, we took the girls to a really cool play place called Bouncing Off The Wall, where they have inflatable obstacle courses, slides and bounce houses, as well as some great creative-play toys. That night we had a barbecue, and we even had a little campfire and et the girls roast marshmallows. After all the girls were finally asleep, we watched the new Mission Impossible DVD. It was so great to spend time with the Janecks again. It almost didn't feel like they had really moved. We hope we get to see them again, Soon!
:
:
Ok, I had to put this picture in here, because it cracks me up! She asked me if she could take a picture of Sage (her imaginary friend of the last year and a half, or so) on my phone. I told her she could. She took 22 pictures (no exaggeration!!) of this:
 Nala
 All smiles, [almost] All the time
 We went to Peyton's friend Brooklyn's birthday party at Pump It Up. Peyton had a great time, and was cracking me up in the group picture- what is she doing with her head?!
Lastly, some recent masterpieces:

2 comments:

KB said...

So glad I got to see you and the two beauties for a few! Love the imaginary friend-haha!!!

Kristie said...

i just had a great time reading through your last 5 or 6 posts! I havent been on the blogger site in awhile :) So fun that you got to go stay with your mom for a month, and enjoy the sunshine! Your kiddos are so cute! p.s. congrats on the ego boost too (being called 17). I had sometime tell me i looked like i was 19 the other day, and that made me feel pretty good--but you got me beat! love you guys!