Sunday, April 1, 2012

Vegas- Week 2

Monday my mom let me sleep in a little while she entertained Peyton, which was a treat. We cleaned up a bunch of the party stuff and ran some errands. Tuesday I started my usual Las Vegas organization project. This time I tackled my mom's pantries, closets and storage spaces. Wednesday we ran errands in the morning, and in the afternoon we went to go visit my grandpa and Nilda, because Peyton had been asking to see Papa and Nana since the birthday party on Saturday. While Peyton was playing at their house, my Grandpa Coy looked at Peyton and said to no one in particular, "Wow. It's just like watching Ashton, all over again." Apparently she inherited all my mannerisms. Then we took Piper to get her ears pierced! She was really squirmy, so they made me pin her to my chest and hold her head (like when the pediatrician checks her ears). She hated it. The actual piercing hardly phased her, but she was not happy to be pinned. They turned out great, and I love her little bling in her ears! Now even if she's not wearing a bow, everyone will know she's a girl! While we were at the piercing shop, Peyton was able to ride the carousel outside, so it was a win/win. Thursday we went to lunch with my mom's best friend Cheryl at this awesome pasta place called Mac Shack. Then we went home for naps, my mom and I went and had a pedicure, and then we went to Boot Barn and we each bought a new pair of cowboy boots. Friday my mom left to go to Arizona again, so the kids and I had the house to ourselves for the weekend. We invited my cousin's cute wife Brittany and her girls Aliana (5.5) and Julia (almost 4- just a couple days older than Peyton) over to play outside and have lunch. Did I mention that it was about 85 and sunny, without even a hint of wind? It was gorgeous. We heated the hot tub- warm, and the girls got too hot after awhile since it was so nice out! Peyton took a 3 hour nap, and she probably would have slept more, but I woke her up so she would still go to bed at a decent hour. Saturday and Sunday we watched General Conference. I was armed with lots of ideas to keep Peyton's interest. She got a new quiet toy at each session, and we played a game I saw on Pinterest where she listened to the speakers, and every time they said a specific word, she was able to take a small candy out of a candy bowl with a picture of that word. It was a hit, and she actually watched quite a bit of Conference, considering she's only 3.5. I made a huge breakfast/brunch each morning. We had cinnamon rolls, babana-chocolate-chip pancakes and homemade hot chocolate on Saturday, and then rice cereal and homemade hot chocolate [again] on Sunday. It was a great weekend. Conference was so uplifting, and I felt like there were about 5 talks written specifically for me. In addition to being General Conference, Sunday was April Fool's Day! I am a sucker for holidays, and now that Peyton is getting older, I really want her to enjoy them and have fun with them, too. So when Peyton woke up I told her that it is a new month, April, and on April 1st, we celebrate April Fool's Day by playing tricks on people. We went downstairs and Peyton watched me draw a mustache on Cheyanne with eyeliner (so sad I didn't get a picture). She said to me, "Mommy, I don't want a mustache. Can I just have a sticker?" I thought that was pretty funny. Little did she know, I already had her trick planned out. I pretended to pour her some juice from a pitcher, and I gave her a drink. She tried to drink out of it a couple times before she realized it was jello! She thought that was a pretty funny trick. Later that night, Cheyanne put a little bit of an oatmeal face scrub on my side of the bed (and pillow), and told me Roxy had thrown up on it. Pretty tricky!
:
:
Before Jade and Tink left, Tink snuck up on the couch while all of us were outside. Here she had just realized she got caught.
You might think we put Piper next to Tink in this picture. You would be wrong. Piper was having tummy time, and Tink decided to plop herself right down next to Piper.

 Even though Piper was sort of a difficult newborn, she is the happiest baby!! She's all smiles, all the time. I love it.

  Peyton fell asleep next to, but not on her bed.
 While we were in Vegas, Jade was able to spend one weekend in Driggs with Jerai, Phil, Boyd and sweet Brewer. I'm so jealous!
 Best friends; reunited.

 Conference Bribes/Positive Reinforcers
 April Fool's!
 She turned the cup upside-down to see what was up with it.


 Earrings!

0 comments: