Our last week in Las Vegas crept up on us pretty fast, considering how long we had been there. My Grandpa Gene came in town, and it was fantastic to see him. Peyton sure loves him, and loved having breakfast with every morning. We took the time to do all the fun things and errands we had been meaning to do, but hadn't gotten around to. We took Peyton to a place called KinderPlayland, which was just an indoor play place. We went to the Spa to swim one last time. We went to a pony farm with a petting zoo that Peyton absolutely loved. Jade came back into town on Wednesday night for a golf tournament at my mom's country club called the Governor's Black Tie Invitational. Thursday was his practice round, and the tournament was Friday and Saturday. Jade played with his friend Jesse, who came in from UT to play. The guys did so great! At the end of the first day, they were tied for first place! The second day they didn't play as well- or the other team played better. They ended up taking 2nd place (but only by 3 strokes). Jade had such a great time playing though, so he wasn't disappointed. The most exciting part of the tournament are the social events that go along with it. Thursday night was the Black Tie Gala- an auction and fancy-schmancy dinner. I was just excited for the chance to get all dressed up. And to see Jade in a tux. He looked very handsome! The highlight of the auction was my dad's friend's wife winning a Mercedes for $120,000... on accident! She thought she was starting the bidding out; she had no idea that she was the next highest bidder. I can't even imagine. Jade kept telling me the whole time, "Put your hands in your lap- we don't want them to think we're actually going to get something." It was a crazy auction. The dinner was 50/50- the appetizers were gross, the dessert was great and the meat part of the entree was good, but the fish wasn't (I don't eat any fish, actually). I ate about 8 pieces of bread, though. It would have been a pretty boring dinner, but Jade and I loved hanging out with Jesse and his cute wife Lindsey. Friday night was the best night: a private concert with Maroon 5! The only people who can come are the players in the tournament, plus their guest. So the concert was about 250 people. The most awesome thing was that Jesse's sister is married to the guitarist's brother, so Jesse, Lindsay, Jesse's sister's friends Angela and Brandon, my mom, Jade and I were able to go hang out with James before the concert, meet the band, and follow them to their backstage area. Then when the concert started, we walked right out onto the main area, and we spent the whole time screaming the lyrics and dancing to some fantastic music- especially some of their classics. I am in love with James! He was so cool and down to earth and really, really talented. I even drank from his bottle of water! The concert was really, really good. That's all I can say. So good. Before and after the concert they had really yummy appetizers and desserts, and while we were having dessert, one of the ladies that was there told me that I looked like I was 17! That was the second time this trip someone had told me that! YAY! I feel like since I have 2 children, I seem much older than I really am, and not in a good way. So I am a little hung up on the fact that someone would tell me I look young. Anyway, Friday night was awesome. Saturday after Jade's 2nd place victory, we packed up and headed home. It felt nice to sleep in my own bed that night, next to my hubby and with my puppy at my feet. As much as I love the escape to Vegas, there is no place like home!
:
The pictures are out of order. Sorry. Enjoy 1,000 of them (or at least 20)
:
That's me, right in between the drummer and bassist of Maroon 5!!
My mom is a babe.
before the show
Black Tie Gala
Jade was about 4 feet away from a hole-in-one on this whole on Friday. Do you see that Mercedes? That's what he would have won.
Jade took this picture on one of the holes.

Hanging out at the spa
Great-Grandpa Gene with his girls
Walking to the concert tent
Not great photography, but it's the only picture I had of us right before the band went on stage. Over the tall guy's shoulder, you can see Adam getting all pumped up.
We were so close that some of our pictures didn't turn out because we couldn't get them in the frame. We could have touched their knees if we would have reached up. Adam did give us the rock star hand slap when they walked by us, and James came up to us during one song and was being funny (since he is family to Lindsay) and we were rubbing his leg and pretending to faint. He got a kick out of us screaming like crazies for him.
We came home to Peyton passed out in one sock and panties.
I look red-headed. I'm not; I haven't dyed my hair or anything. It's just the lighting.
Such a happy face!





















1 comments:
Ashton I finally caught up on a bunch of your posts! You guys have been busy! But it looks like it's all been a really fun kind of busy :). How awesome that you guys got to go to that concert. And I'm so glad you got to spend so much time at your mom's house, too! I loved all of the pictures. Piper is getting so big! Your girls are beautiful. Love you guys!
Post a Comment