Happy Easter! This year we celebrated a rainy Easter Sunday with our family in Portland. It was a great Easter for many reasons, but it was extra special this year because General Conference fell on Easter weekend. What a great tribute to our Savior to celebrate the day of His Resurrection with 4 hours of talks about His life, love, and sacrifice for us. I love remembering the true meaning behind Easter and hope to be able to do a good job of that every year. Saturday night and Sunday almost the whole entire family (minus Phil) got together for festivities. We put the kids down and had a late dinner and did Easter baskets while the boys watched the 2 basketball games. Sunday morning was very laid back at our house- Jade made waffles with Peyton while I got to sleep in a little bit. Then we got Peyton in her Easter dress and let her find her Easter basket. She was so adorable- she had the biggest smile when she saw it and she just started digging through it right on the spot- without even taking it out of its hiding place (Tink's prison). Then I told her to show Jade and I, so she brought it out and showed us for a few minutes, and then she went and put the whole basket and all of its contents back in the prison. I don't know what she was thinking, but it sure was cute! We watched conference, Peyton napped, we cleaned out our garage, and before we knew it, it was time for Easter dinner! We went over to Jade's parents house and the whole family met together for a delicious Easter feast! Then we had 2 [indoor] Easter egg hunts- 1 for the "over 2" crowd, and 1 for the "under 2" crowd. The big kids had a great time finding their eggs. The little kids didn't really know what was going on, but they definitely knew there were treats hiding inside the eggs! Any time Peyton saw a plastic Easter egg, serious whining ensued. The poor girl might be a little deprived of "the good stuff" since the Easter bunny didn't put any candy in her basket at all. My mom thinks it's a travesty. I think it's better never to start her on junk. We'll see who is right in a few years.
:
:
This picture is actually from Marley's birthday party last week, but I had to post it to illustrate many points- 1. Peyton is eyeing the candy and not paying any attention to the singing and candle blowing going on right beside her 2. Peyton has a bruise on the middle of her forehead that is going on 2 full weeks now and 3. Peyton started doing the funniest thing with her tongue. I'm not quite sure where she picked it up, but it cracks me up when I see her with her tongue out like this...
Easter morning wrestling. In her dress. Thanks for instigating this daddy.
Look closely at the smile on that cute face!
Showing off what's left of the goodies in her basket
The "under 2" egg hunt. There are 6 (next Saturday there will be 7) kids under 2 in our family. It was a mad-house in that room!
(L to R: Lucy, Taryn, Boyd, Charlotte, Peyton, Henry)
Easter morning wrestling. In her dress. Thanks for instigating this daddy.
On another positive note, Peyton has started potty-training herself! We have been pre-potty-training her for a few months, but nothing serious, just familiarizing her with things. On Saturday night she came up to me and said "mommy poo-poo potty", and then proceeded to go "poo-poo" on the "potty". I am so excited! She's been annoyed by diapers for about a week now, so I think that is her incentive for deciding she's ready for the "big girl potty". I couldn't be happier and I hope this sticks and she gets potty trained very soon! I'll let you know how that works out for us...
2 comments:
Love her sandbox, Easter dress! And she is too cute for words. You can just see what a personality she has. Love that little cutie patootie!
I love peytons dress and you do her hair so cute! I really need to learn different hair do's for Eva soon! I'm glad you had a good Easter and got to be with family! The pictures are great!
Post a Comment