Monday, April 19, 2010

Tulip Festival

Portland is known as the Rose City, but in spring, I think they should call it the Tulip City! There are tulips everywhere (I even have some that I love in my front yard)! The most beautiful tulips! Huge ones- seriously the size of Peyton. My mom and I made Peyton come with us to the annual Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival in Woodburn, Oregon. It was so beautiful (albeit quite colder than we had planned for). There were acres of Tulips in every shape and color you could imagine. It was such a fun experience, and I definitely think we'll be going back next year.

Wooden Shoes

I wasn't feeling well and Peyton kept kissing me better. Love that little girl.

She's obsessed with smelling flowers and plants (even the fake ones in people's houses)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE tulips! They are, in fact, my favorite flower. I would love to go to a tulip festival one day. Peyton looks so cute in all of these pictures. How fun that the three of you got to go there together!

Kristie said...

I love peytons little tutu skirt!!! that looks so fun, i wanna go to a tulip festival!

SUZANNE said...

TU TU cute! Does Little Miss wear that cute outfit in the sandbox as well? I so want to see those tulip fields next time I visit my family in Oregon!

misha rees said...

looks like you girls had alot of fun! so glad you're feeling better. love the tutu little lady!!

Amber and Mackay said...

What Beautiful pictures! Love the one of you kissing Peyton! And her tutu! LOVE IT!

Meg and Ryan said...

These are such beeauuutiful pictures!!! I can't wait to see you!!